Senior Information Security Specialist
Location: Remote (BC only), BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.Job Summary:
The Senior Information Security Specialist role supports BCLC's Cybersecurity program and protects BCLC's information assets. This role performs senior level duties required to improve and sustain BCLC's information security posture. This role also supports projects and business operations by taking a lead role identifying information security risks, recommending appropriate controls, and actively applying technical mitigation strategies within security technology. Additionally the Senior Information Security specialist brings deep technical capabilities to support the Cybersecurity program. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Leads Cybersecurity projects as directed by the Cybersecurity program.
- Cultivates relationships with domain owners, evangelizing cyber security and selling the value of good information security risk management to the organization.
- Develops domain expertise to maintain a deep understanding of BCLC's key business systems and processes, identifying information security risks and leading the response to related information security incidents.
- Develops and maintains field specific information security strategies for consideration and input into the Cybersecurity program.
- Contributes to corporate projects as an information security subject matter expert, analyzing solutions, processes & infrastructure, and recommending appropriate information security controls.
- Performs information security vulnerability, penetration, compliance & risk assessments, and recommends remediation activities to protect BCLC's information assets.
- Develops recommendations for secure solutions, coordinating closely with enterprise architecture teams, enhancing the security architecture repository, and developing secure design patterns & principles.
- Conducts forensic reviews of platforms, systems and devices during and post incident, ensuring that data is properly handled and chain of custody is preserved for potential presentation in court.
- As directed by the Cybersecurity program, takes a lead role in developing and delivering information security training programs and mentoring staff, both inside and outside of the Information Security team.
- Continuously develops sharp technical skills, quickly getting up to speed on new technology, trends, types of vulnerabilities, exploits and risks to BCLC's information assets.
- Provides technical expertise and support to BCLC's privacy and compliance functions.
- Enhances the day-to-day monitoring of the integrity of systems and infrastructure components.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards and procedures, and where needed supports the development of applicable technology standards.
- Provides information on system configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators as directed by the Information Security management team.
- Responds to complex requests and handles escalations for major issues.
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in Information Security or equivalent in a related discipline;
- At least one Information Security certification, such as CISSP, CISM or GSEC is required;
- Technology administration certifications such as MCSE, CCIE or RHCE are an asset;
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in information security;
- Experience assessing the security of web, cloud computing, SaaS and mobile applications;
- Experience producing information security metrics and reporting;
- Experience working with information security systems: SIEM, DLP, IDS/IPS is desirable;
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) experience is desirable;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of information security frameworks, and security standards and regulations related to data privacy and security;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
- Proven ability to deal with highly sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize items;
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and analytical thinking;
- Excellent business acumen;
- Excellent ability to manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
• Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
• Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
• Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com.
Ready to join our team?
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be at least 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.