Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the Senior Global Compensation Specialist supports the delivery of the company's global compensation programs. This is a hands-on position in a high-growth, global organization. Partnering with the HR Business Partners, the HR leadership, Global HR Operations, and Finance. This role supports all activities related to cost analysis & forecasting, job evaluation, base pay management, compensation program development and training, and headcount budgeting/planning.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- With guidance from the Manager acts as consultant to the HR Business Partner team to review compensation recommendations, organizational design proposals, job evaluations and other compensation related activities
- Uphold the integrity of the compensation framework through the administration, support, training and delivery of global compensation programs & processes.
- Contribute to program design, philosophy, strategy, analytics, policy communications for compensation programs and processes. Deliver training to HR and business leaders as needed.
- Formulate recommendations & presentations to support program design changes/proposals through comprehensive analysis
- Support the delivery and training of the annual compensation review cycle.
- Conduct job evaluations and ensure the integrity of the pay structure and market survey matches.
- Further our compensation knowledge and proficiency by developing & leading HR & Manager training.
- Support our headcount budgeting process & ongoing maintenance / analysis in partnership with our finance team.
- Responsible for the completion of salary survey information and maintenance of our compensation systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- 4 years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 2 in compensation.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, HR or related field.
- Strong knowledge of compensation practices and theory; CCP designation an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills and spreadsheet analysis.
- Critical thinking and relationship building skills.
- Timely, effective and service oriented.
- Ability to prioritize work requests.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and financial modeling skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with Workday and Payfactors are an asset.
- Self-starter with the ability to resolve complex issues and problems; able to work with little supervision.
- Solid writing, communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!