Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job Location: 595 Burrard Street-12th floor Vancouver, BC, V7X 1L4
At Amazon Game Studios our goal is to create the best games in the world.
We believe in ground-breaking player experiences that change the way people see digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you'll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Need for Speed, Burnout, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, and Bioshock.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for an world class, exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Game Designer. In this role, you work closely with the Creative Director and Lead Designer to inspire others and create a genre defining Triple A gaming experience. The perfect candidate will be a hands on master at the art of creating fun, and a hardworking, self-motivated team player. You will be responsible for iterating and implementing game design, working on everything from low level second to second game mechanics to core features and in game feedback loops.
You should be able to work independently and also be comfortable with taking direction and critique on your designs. You'll be working within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and developers and will have the ability to both share your hard earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
• Collaborate with the Creative Director, Lead Designer and Design Team, as well as Programmers and Artists on design specifications and software.
• Design and iterate software with others to create a world class gaming experience.
• Practice iterative design techniques to integrate player feedback and playtest data.
• Maintain a high level of quality while working with design, technical and deadline constraint.
• Inspire those around you to constantly strive for the best in themselves and the game they are creating.
• Focus on Amazons Customer and Player Obsession. We exist to make people smile.
Salary Range $68,300 to $114,100/yr, commensurate with experience.
• 5 years of game design experience on large scale AAA game team.
• 3 years in a specific Game Designer role responsible for a key area or feature.
• 3 years of proven experience in a professional game production pipeline on a AAA team.
• At least 1 shipped AAA game in a Game Designer position.
• 3 years of multiplatform design and development experience.
• 3 years of full development cycle experience, from first ideation to ship.
Language required for job: English
All applicants must meet qualifications above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Stock
• Signing Bonuses
Amazon offers competitive packages, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment. Amazon and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. Visit www.Amazon.com/careers for more information. #0000