What is the opportunity?You will be joining RBC Global Asset Management Technology team in a Senior Full Stack Software Developer role. As part of this team, you will be delivering software for an individual investor business with significant financial assets under management. Expect to work in a collaborative environment and apply your skills across different projects and business domains. Be prepared to bring your ideas to a discussion on improving RBC GAM software architecture, establishing better development practices and adopting new tools. We value commitment to clean, secure, well-tested code, positive attitude and teamwork.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- As a part of the team, design and implement applications that solve complex business problems
- Work together with project managers, business analysts and UX specialists to gain common understanding of requirements and clarify delivery schedule
- Collaborate with QA team to implement proper testing strategy
- Write unit, integration, API, contract (and more) tests for your code
- Participate in design discussions with your team-mates and members of architecture team
- Take responsibility for the software deployment pipeline for automating the continuous deployment of code and following DevOps practices
- Participate in code reviews to provide and gain constructive feedback on code
- Mentor junior developers
- Make code better and eliminate technical debt at every opportunity
- Constantly improve the process and promote good software development practices
- Learn new things every week
Nice to have
- Excellent comprehension of software design principles
- Proven experience taking ownership of a technical solution from design to deployment
- Good understanding of dependency injection and unit testing expertise
- Demonstrated ability to write clean maintainable code
- 5+ years of experience with following technologies
- Java, preferably version 11
- Spring 2.0, Spring Security,
- MVC, JPA, Thymeleaf
- AngularJS, HTML 5 and CSS3
- Creating and maintaining secure APIs
- Experience developing applications in cloud environment like PCF, AWS or Azure
- Experience configuring builds/deployments in Jenkins, UrbanCode Deploy or similar DevOps tools
- Complex T-SQL
What's in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Experience with micro-services architecture, OAuth authentication and API gateways
- Experience building cloud-ready applications
- Experience with .Net and .Net Core frameworks and Apache AirFlow
- Understanding of Agile development principles
- Experience working in complex enterprise IT environments or with large transactional systems and client facing web-applications
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City:Vancouver or Toronto
Address:155 Wellington St West
Career Level:Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type:Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):0
Req ID:332918 Posting Notes: