Senior Full Stack / Back-End Developer
Canada Drives is a young, dynamic, and fast-growing company. We work with dealerships and finance partners across Canada to ensure that every customer, regardless of bad credit or no credit, has access to the auto financing they need. As a company, we are growing steadily and we want you to join our growing team! We are looking for a talented senior software developer who has a passion in coding, as well as mentoring other developers in driving forward the various products offered by Canada Drives!
NOTE - This is a remote, full time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Developing in house, and customer-facing applications
• Acting as a mentor to junior developers
• Backend work primarily with PHP/Python (we are opened to new tools/languages where it makes sense)
• Work on 3rd party integrations, primarily with systems in the financial/auto industry
• Our tech stack is PHP/Laravel for the backend and Vue/Nuxt on the frontend
• Newer services are now built serverless (node/python runtimes) in AWS, we are also porting existing system over to this architecture
• Ensuring cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
What You Should Already Have:
• 6 + years of professional experience with either PHP, Python
• 2+ years with modern JS framework (Vue, Angular, React, Nuxt)
• 4 + years experience with Linux
• 5+ years with a relational database such as MySQL, Postgres
• You know your way around git and have worked in GitFlow
• You have experience with using and building REST-style APIs, and GraphQL
• Experience with back end MVC frameworks (Laravel 5.2 to 6)
• Bonus: AWS knowledge, especially the serverless stack (SAM, Serverless)
• Bonus: NoSql experience in Dynamodb, MongoDB, Cassandra
• Bonus: E-commerce (Shopify) experience and payment gateway integrations
• Bonus: Responsive layouts are no problems for you with or without grid frameworks
• Bonus: Experience with CSS3 advanced features such as animations, transitions, flex-box, etc.
What's in it for you?
This is a truly exciting time to join Canada Drives and we are looking forward to doing great things together! We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package in addition to providing our employees with continuous training and development.
We currently have a team of highly motivated and talented IT professionals and the only thing we are missing is you. If you are ready to join an ambitious and growing company then please apply today and we look forward to hearing from you.