Are you ready to change the world?
Ballard's Stack Test Engineering team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fuel Cell Project Engineer to join the Stack Test Engineering team in our Burnaby, BC headquarters. In this position, you will be coordinating and managing exciting projects, looking to find the limits of new fuel cell technology in a world-class test lab, surrounded by industry experts. If you are a highly motivated individual who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced environment and the satisfaction of taking an idea from concept into production, we want to hear from you!
The Ideal Candidate:
You have a solid understanding of project management fundamentals and the ability to synthesize complicated project needs into plans of action. You are also able to leverage your driven personality and emotional intelligence to push projects forward and bring people to agreement. You also understand how to work and communicate with external and internal stakeholders alike. Bonus points for having a background understanding of fuel cells and design verification activities.
- Plan, organize, and communicate design verification (DV) activities related to Ballard vehicle programs.
- Manage and motivate internal and external resources to accomplish key DV goals
- Communicate with external customers on the status of key program deliverables
- Ensure a high degree of visibility of DV tasks and prioritization
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Develop internal processes as needed to better manage design verification projects
- Develop alternative methods to boost test team bandwidth, overcome equipment limitations and explore unexpected results
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering Physics, Mechanical, Chemical, Materials, Fuel Cell or related Engineering program with 5 - 10 years of experience including project management
- PMP certification
- Ability to interpret test data and compare against design objectives
- Familiarity with engineering tools such as design verification planning, tolerance stack-up, structured problem solving and DFMEA
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of fuel cell design and characterization methods
- Professional Engineering eligibility or certification
- Ability to travel (once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted)
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.