We recently launched AWS IQ, a service that connects customers with AWS experts for help of all kinds. We're at the early stages of what promises to be a big business for Amazon and our customers. We own our product roadmap, technical design, engineering process, launch plan, go to market, and P&L. Our team is made up of inspired product managers, strong technical leaders, and motivated, autonomous software engineers.
AWS IQ operates two real-time web applications for buyers and experts. The applications have a rich set of functionality including chat, video conferencing, access management, and more. As the Senior Frontend Engineer on the team, you'll lead building and improving the buyer and expert-facing web applications to meet our customers' high expectations around usability and performance.
You operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will design and implement product and platform features that deliver customer benefit at scale. You will work closely with product managers, UX designers, senior and peer-level software engineers to deliver critical and complex products and features. You will own quality and deployment for your code. You will mentor junior team members to improve their skills and raise the bar on software development best practices. You're expected to think like an owner, driving the right thinking on time to market, quality, and breadth of functionality for users.
The ideal candidate is a creative technology leader with both breadth and depth of relevant technologies. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is to be able to innovate by defining solutions that can scale and deliver on customer value. Ideal candidates have extensive experience with agile methodologies, and show bias for action while working within a cohesive, startup-style team.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been solved at scale before. You will gain an understanding of how Amazon operates around a number of different product areas and help influence the direction of these products. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 7+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• 4+ years of experience designing and building robust front-end systems.
• Expertise building and deploying scalable, highly available front-end systems that have been delivered to end customers.
• Knowledge of front-end technologies and patterns such as React, GraphQL, Webpack, Babel
• Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience mentoring junior engineers and helping them develop their technical skills and leadership abilities.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Experience with large scale web applications.
• Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Strong sense of ownership to drive change in the way business is executed to eliminate redundant processes and reduce waste.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Software and Programming