Are you an experienced software development engineer looking to bring your passion to solving some of the world's most complex problems? Do you have what it takes to design and deliver the next generation of Amazon's financial platform?
Amazon Finance Technology is seeking a talented software development engineer who can guide the development of a horizontally-scalable platform that will transact and account for hundreds of billions of dollars each year as Amazon grows to a trillion-dollar company. You will work on the next-generation financial services platform that drives and accounts for all financial transactions across all Amazon businesses. Financial expertise & experience is not necessary, but you should be an expert in working with highly abstracted, extensible systems in a multi-tenant microservice-oriented architecture.
As a Software Development Engineer in Finance Technology, you will be responsible for driving implementation decisions, delivering functional components, and mentoring junior engineers to develop logical & maintainable software that meets high standards of quality and abstraction.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD) Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficiency in Java in a Linux/Unix environment. Experience with C, C++; Experience using SQL
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming