Amazon Web Services (AWS) is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are seeking a talented and seasoned front-end engineer to lead UX for two new AWS services, working in the intersection of open-source and hyper scale cloud services.
This is a unique opportunity to come in on the ground floor and define the direction of two strategic AWS services from initial design to GA and beyond. In this role, you will work closely with large and active open-source communities and are encouraged to drive on-going contributions to the community. You will be representing AWS in on-going open source meetings and events and influencing the direction of the community front-end efforts as well as driving AWS specific differentiated functionality.
Our team is looking for a front-end engineer to design, build, and maintain customer experiences that span multiple observability and interactive data visualization use cases. You will help define, design, prototype, and build these experiences that empower developers, Ops and business decision makers to gain insights from cloud applications in AWS and beyond.
To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with peers, product managers, UX designers, and the open-source community.
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about optimizing user experiences and has a track record of building interfaces which are beautiful in form, function, and simplicity. The ability to work within a creative and positive team environment is key to the role.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
4+ years of experience developing web applications
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
• Be comfortable with modern web development practices and technologies and be able to take a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project such as working with a design team and then translating wireframes into a scalable front end architecture.
• Understand how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• Have strong problem solving and debugging skills that extend beyond the boundaries of front-end development.
• Have solid coding practices including peer code reviews and unit testing.
• Have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• Solid UI or UX skills, with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying information. Effectively considers users with varying technical proficiency, data literacy levels and accessibility constraints.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One or all of the following preferred:
• Experience working with 16.8+ and/or .
• Experience with interactive visualization and or search .
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Be comfortable with web performance profiling, troubleshooting and optimization. Familiar with web performance best practices.
• Experience with visualization using D3.
• Track record as an - contributor.
Software and Programming