Company: Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: In this Senior Financial Analyst role, you will collaborate with business stakeholders within the organization to support various financial and business planning initiatives for assigned business functions. You will be influential in developing meaningful financial forecast models and conducting in-depth financial and business analysis.
Our ideal candidate brings a minimum 7-10 years of financial and accounting experience ideally from a global organization. You bring a solid foundation of accounting basis, accruals and a key understanding of prepaid concept. You are passionate and dedicated at what you do and even have an entrepreneurial mindset with a roll up the sleeves work ethic. You bring extensive experience influencing without authority and can work in an environment with competing priorities. You are known to be extremely detail oriented and thrive in a busy environment.
Our Senior Financial Analysts partner with the business and play a key role in improving operation efficiency and to identify cost saving opportunities. You will be part of an organization that is transforming their approach on how we work with these functional groups and work with the departments more globally.
If this is in line with your next career opportunity, we would love to hear from you today!
- Develops complex financial models to support management decision making related profitability of new opportunities, capital investments, revenue models, profit margin analysis, and impact of regulatory changes
- Develops recommendations for management decision making
- Prepares financial data and summary information for use in management reporting for executive level presentations across the organization
- Performs complex financial analysis including conducting research and identifying, designing and implementing applications and tools to fulfill reporting and analysis needs. Runs various scenarios through models and interprets financial impact. Measures financial results against budget and forecasts
- Assists in the development of the long-range financial plans and continuously analyzes operating financial results. Works closely with other departments within the company to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved
- Assists in the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budgeted templates
- Reviews monthly financial operating results, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance
- Provides information and assistance to management regarding expenditures, purchases and other costs of doing business
- Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for management team
- Utilize existing ERP systems, general ledger and reporting tools for use in role
- Post-secondary degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
- Minimum 7-10 years of combined experience in Accounting, Financial Analytics and Business management would be ideal
- Strong experience with financial analysis, financial modeling and profitability analysis
- Industrial sector and strategic planning experience are an asset
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables
- Proficiency with SAP (BPC), budgeting and forecasting and knowledge in various ERP platforms is considered an asset
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.