Plenty of Fish (POF) is one of the largest global online dating companies, available in more than 20 countries and with over 50,000 new daily users. A Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue driving brands in the Match Group (owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com), POF provides the unique opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to gain experience across a brand’s entire P&L while being part of a global finance team for a NASDAQ listed public company.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Finance Director as part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.
FP&A is responsible for planning and managing POF’s overall financial performance. The planning cycle includes a long range plan, annual operating plans, monthly forecasting and daily reviews of business performance. We are a team of passionate and dedicated leaders who are counted on as key business partners in strategic and operational decisions, and stand for high quality work and driving high quality results. We provide a tremendous opportunity to learn about the various revenue streams and operations of a fast moving consumer focused tech company.
You will be able to contribute immediately, working cross-functionally within POF and delivering robust analysis and insight. You are equally comfortable analyzing large volumes of data, developing complex financial models and reporting tools, and communicating clear actionable insight to the executive team.
If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and love complex challenges, we want to hear from you. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Ensure timely and accurate forecasts and metrics are built and maintained
- Prepare monthly financial reviews to analyze results compared to Forecast, Plan and historical results across the entire P&L
- Develop materials for monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews with both the POF and Match Group executive teams
- Actively seek to improve the accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of FP&A tools and processes
- Support long term strategic planning
- Monitor daily business performance and conduct detailed investigations, when required, to identify the root cause of unexplained variations
- Partner closely with leaders across the organization to identify opportunities, support initiatives and provide key decision support
- Work with individual budget owners and accounting to manage operating costs and budgets
- Manage labour capitalization
- 4+ years in Consulting, a Business Analyst function, Private Equity or Investment Banking (preferably in tech and/or a consumer focused subscription business)
- University degree in Commerce or Business Administration (CPA or CFA considered an asset)
- Excel modelling and PowerPoint skills required
- SQL skills and experience
- Strong financial background; analytical and modeling skills; knowledge of financial statements and accounting principles
- Quick learner, dependable, solution oriented, and accountable self-starter
- Ability to work independently and adhere to strict deadlines under pressure; comfortable working in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a time sensitive manner
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization
- High attention to detail
- Experience with financial analysis, statistical analysis, and event-based big data analytics systems
- Experience with Hyperion, Oracle or other large ERP systems
- Experience in an internal or external management consulting/advisory role
- Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, or subscription-based business
- You're a user of Plenty of Fish or other online dating service
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019