The Senior Financial Analyst assists in the preparation and consolidation of timely and accurate monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting and cash flow analysis. Primary Activities
Work Experience Requirements
- Prepare and analyze monthly consolidated divisional financial reports and forecasts these include revenue and margin analysis, overhead and research & development expense analysis, cash flow analysis, customer backlog and bookings reports and capital expenditure reports
- Identify and investigate monthly and quarterly variances to budget and prior period forecast, gathering input from operations team as required
- Maintain and proactively improve financial models to enhance and streamline existing processes to compile, analyze and report on monthly financial results
- Work closely with the Program Planning and Control team in the preparation and coordination of the annual business plan and monthly forecasts across the division&rsquo s Lines of Businesses and departments
- Prepare annual corporate budget submission package for the Richmond Division
- Develop financial models to support strategic growth objectives and to analyze the impact of overhead rates changes on profitability
- Complete various external financial and industry reports as required
- Prepare historical trend and run-rate analysis to evaluate potential opportunities for savings and risks in meeting current forecasts
- Provide ad hoc reports and financial analyses for management as required
- Assist with special projects as required.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably in the high-tech industry
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Substantial experience working with spreadsheets, particularly with Excel
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment, with all levels of management
- Experience with standard costing rates and rate variance analysis along with an understanding of accounting for long-term contracts is preferred
- Experience with BaaN or other sophisticated ERP system an asset.
- University degree in Finance/Business and a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA)
This position is based in Richmond, B.C.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019