Job Description Summary
Are you looking to join a passionate Finance team at Canada's largest Biotechnology Company? As the Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A, you will work with finance leaders to provide a comprehensive review of key financial performance indicators, including performance against Budget, forecast accuracy, and risks and opportunities. This is your chance to develop meaningful performance indicators through close collaboration with the Business Partners team and other Finance stakeholders, and document requirements for new and improved reporting for the FP&A Systems and Analytics team. You will also be responsible for proactively performing deep dive analytics on non-financial data to find anomalies and correlations between non-financial data and financial outcomes.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Supporting budgeting and forecasting, data validation and consolidation processes
- Performing in-depth analysis of business results with recommendations for action based on complex datasets
- Preparing management presentations to communicate analysis and recommendations
- Communicating drivers and possible implications on future financial and operational performance
- Recommending improvements to financial planning and analysis processes
- Assisting in financial modeling and development of scenario planning
- Providing financial planning and analysis support to one or more departments, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with 4-8 years of experience in Financial Analysis
- CPA-CA preferred, CFA is a definite plus
- Previous leadership and project management experience is a plus
- Use of Business Intelligence Software, Tableau a plus
- Experience working with an ERP system (SAP preferred) and a financial planning system (SAP Analytics Cloud or similar, a definite plus)
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Banking, Finance and Insurance