• Full p&l responsibility while directly partnering with AWS leaders including service GM, engineering and product managers
• Opportunity to influence decision making
A day in the life
-Build financial models to support long and short term planning
-Regular financial reviews
-Build models to support product pricing discussions
-Improve existing finance processes
-Partner directly with AWS business and finance leaders
About the hiring group
AWS Serverless finance team supports products like Lambda, API Gateway, App Flow, SQS, SNS, Amazon MQ, Step Functions, SWF, EventBridge and MWAA. We are based out of Seattle (US) and Vancouver (Canada) and closely partner with the business leadership. Some of our responsibilities include - OP planning, pricing new products and initiatives, capacity planning, identifying growth and cost optimization drivers and regular business reviews.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations around the world. Launched in 2006, AWS officially began offering developer customers access to web services - now widely known as cloud computing - based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform.
AWS seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support the next generation of cloud computing. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers, Engineers and GMs to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership.
• Lead short- and long-term financial planning
• Build financial models for new business concepts, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
• Present financial summary and business insights to the business and finance leadership
• Develop and standardize financial reporting package
• Build processes and controls as the business grows
• Work on adhoc financial analyses and projects
This role requires a self-starter and independent individual with strong financial modeling abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced analytical, financial and Excel modeling skills
• P&L management and analysis experience
• Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Strong business and finance partner experience; experienced in working with multiple stakeholders Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
Banking, Finance and Insurance Maintenance and Technicians