Automated Profitability Management (APM) Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst as part of a new project team building the future of vendor negotiations at Amazon.
Traditionally, this involved an Amazon Retail Vendor Manager contacting their vendor and periodically discussing the terms of our business relationship. These terms include: product cost, vendor funding for various programs or initiatives (e.g. volume-based incentives, promotions, merchandising opportunities, etc.), and inbound logistics and supply chain optimization, to name a few. Each aspect of these terms has a direct impact on Amazon's growth and profitability and implications for securing long-term sustainable selection for our customers. Now imagine doing this globally, across tens of thousands of vendors, for millions of products, all with double-digit annual growth. Our ability to scale without the use of automated solutions is severely limited. APM offers automated and scalable solutions to optimize the terms of our relationship with vendors and reach a wider vendor audience for negotiations.
How do we do this? Data - lots of data. In APM, we are developing systems that will leverage technology to disrupt and fundamentally change the way e-commerce supplier terms are managed. We scour a vast array of DataWarehouse tables including offer-level evaluations, historical and projected sales and profitability, vendor benchmarking, and heuristics to optimize topline and bottomline for both Amazon and our vendors, contributing to Amazon's flywheel for the benefit of our customers. We are building the future of vendor negotiations through enhancements to the foundational application used by Amazon Vendor Managers worldwide, introducing high-impact, scalable solutions for term-level financial modeling, trade-off optimization, and insightful performance reporting. We are turning the art of Retail profitability management into a science!
Key job responsibilities
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work with a cross-functional team including the APM business, tech, and Finance teams, vendor managers and negotiators, Annual Vendor Negotiations (AVN) program leads, and stakeholders to create project alignment and a unified vision for the future of vendor negotiations. Through this project, we will create automated and scalable analytical tools that will ultimately be critical in driving the growth and profitability of the business through vendor negotiations. You will leverage data to provide key insights, enable new opportunities, and innovate on behalf of our customers. Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing standardized calculation methodologies for various negotiation term types
• Constructing working financial models to dynamically calculate the impact of negotiation proposals
• Working through a cross-functional team to create alignment between APM and stakeholder groups
• Managing the governance model for standardized and centralized calculation methodologies and evaluating change requestsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA/MS/CPA/CFA preferred
• Working knowledge of SQL and Cognos
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Advanced analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models
• Experience gathering and analyzing financial data for the purpose of making business decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating to senior management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Maintenance and Technicians