Senior Facilitator & Coach, Talent Development Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. What BCAA/ Evo offers you:
•It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and an Outstanding Workplace by YWCA in 2018. What is the job?
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Talent Development, the Senior Facilitator & Coach will lead the development, delivery and ongoing consultation of programs to strengthen people, management and leadership capacity across the organization. Through workshop facilitation, blended learning methods and coaching, this role supports BCAA's leaders to better lead & coach others to enhance BCAA's performance management processes and focus on results. The role also supports facilitation of interpersonal training for all BCAA team members (management and non-management) leading to enriched customer experiences and improved team member engagement. During this one-year assignment the role will support leader training, organizational readiness and adoption of a newly launched HRIS (Workday).
Acts as an internal consultant to assess needs for talent development, team building and engagement initiatives and designs and facilitates those sessions, as required. Recommends delivery methods utilizing current technologies and measures and evaluates program effectiveness. Travel to BCAA locations located throughout B.C. may be required. What is the status?
Temporary Full-Time (12 month contract)What are the hours?
35 hours per weekKey Responsibilities Include What you will be doing?
Facilitation and Coaching
• Delivers all leadership, team building and any people-related/competency skills programs, learning events/workshops including Workday orientation and leader readiness sessions.
• Uses best-in-class coaching practices to provide coaching at all levels and coach the coaches practical training for any leadership roles
• Designs and facilitates workshops to support engagement activities depending on the needs of the business unit ie. team building
• Develops and modifies course content and training programs, as required
• Selects and develops teaching aids such as training handbooks and multi-media/visual aids to enhance learning activities
• Manages Needs Assessment process and conducts regular communications with business stakeholders to identify and confirm business needs and strategies
• Partners with People Services and other stakeholders to design and provide guidance and support with change management initiatives
• Consults and helps build learning plans for succession planning to ensure BCAA has the right people ready for future roles
Planning & Strategy
• Within Talent Development and P & D team, works collaboratively with other team members to ensure consistency and to meet the business needs and timelines
• Works with Senior Manager, Talent Development to prepare ongoing Talent Development metrics that assess and measure the impact of initiatives
• Creates and delivers written and verbal reports to inform senior leaders as required
• Remains current on the organization, product, policy and procedure information
• Fosters a culture where an amazing Member experience is the focus of all activities
• Follows up with learners and management at certain periods after training & coaching for performance or knowledge gap identification
• Creates clear and concise communications to keep team members informed as needed
• Assists P & D team members as required Minimum Qualifications What do you bring? Education
• University Degree preferably in Business, Communications or other related field
• Instructor's or Adult Education Diploma (or equivalent experience)
• Certified in Insights Discovery ®
• Certified coach (or equivalent experience) Experience
Minimum 10 years of related work experience in corporate learning and development, with a strong emphasis on delivery of people, leadership & coaching programs and change management. Minimum 5 years' experience coaching - individuals and coaches. Other Skills
• Significant proven expertise in leading Talent Development initiatives with a strong emphasis on leadership development in a fast moving organization
• Demonstrated passionate, supportive and engaging facilitation style
• Demonstrated skill with coaching (individuals & coaches) in a business environment
• Demonstrated superior relationship management and communication skills to effectively work with many levels of the organization and multiple lines of business
• Demonstrated ability to influence leaders, think strategically and systematically and achieve results through collaboration across organizational boundaries
• Proven ability to cope with pressure and adapt well to an ongoing changing environment
• Is a self-starter and has demonstrated the ability to work independently with a high level of accountability
• Advanced computer experience: Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio), Adobe Acrobat Preferred Qualifications
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, instructional design theory, and measurement and evaluation methods
• Change management certification (or equivalent experience)
• Experience with Workday
• Experience in designing and implementing organizational development initiatives Division
CPO Job Status
Temp Full Time (TFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
British Columbia [BC]
Posted: November 14, 2018
Closes: January 13, 2019