December 23, 2018
Reporting to the Finance Lead, Exploration and Development, the Senior Exploration Accountant is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely consolidation and project reporting for the exploration operations. This position will supervise one Exploration Accountant and provide finance support to the Exploration Department, working closely with the Exploration Administration Group. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Accurate and timely accounting for the foreign exploration operations, comprising approximately 30 subsidiaries in various degrees of activity and financial reporting complexity.
- Ensure accuracy of exploration expenditure project reporting.
- Liaise with legal, tax and other internal stakeholder groups, as required, to determine the appropriate accounting treatment and compliance with Joint Venture Agreements.
- Assist with the implementation of local and foreign subsidiary (financial and management) information systems including global systems initiated by Teck Corporate Head Office.
- Assist the Exploration Department with forecasts and the annual budgeting process.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department on reporting matters including intercompany rebills and project costing.
- Provide audit support for local offices regarding confirmations, corporate information, note disclosure, etc.
- Review and process foreign office quarterly and special cash call requests.
- Travel to the foreign exploration offices on an occasional basis to review internal controls and address local accounting and administrative concerns.
- Coordinate Exploration department requests for information.
- Manage the preparation and review of annual legal entity financial statements.
- A designated qualified accountant (CPA) - with external audit experience
- Strong technical accounting skills including experience with international operations, financial statement preparation and consolidation
- A high degree of computer proficiency, particularly Excel, Dynamics 365 and Hyperion
- Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#L1-JW1 Job Segment:
ERP, Accounting, Social Media, Information Systems, Technology, Finance, Marketing, Mining