Project Manager / Senior Environmental Scientist or EngineerThe Opportunity:
You are looking to join a vibrant and busy team based in Vancouver. You have a few years of progressive experience primarily in contaminated sites investigation and remediation, combined with some project management experience, but you also thrive on stretching your technical skills and working on multi-disciplinary projects. You enjoy being part of a close-knit team and appreciate the benefits that a large organization can bring, including career progression, access to vast technical expertise, being able to participate in employee resource groups, and more. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people humbly doing important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP
- Lead project focused teams in delivery of a range of contaminated sites projects
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Conduct contaminated sites investigations and remediation programs
- Manage clients' projects including project scoping, budget control, planning, development of schedules and coordination of resources
- Prepare proposals and high-quality deliverables
- Manage environmental due diligence and compliance reviews
- Understand and interpret the national and local market, highlighting prospects and stewarding them to opportunities and proposals
- Mentor and coach employees with respect to their career growth and technical professional development
- Drive a culture of health and safety and provide safety leadership
- Work across other disciplines as requested
- Other duties as required
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
- Registered Chartered or Certified Professional, or a willingness to work towards chartered or certified status and a member of a related professional body preferable
- You have at least 10 years or more experience in Environmental Consulting
- You have an appropriate professional designation in Engineering, Geoscience, Biology, or similar or are on track to obtain one
- Prior experience with contaminated sites and/or mine closure is highly desired
- You have a clean Driver's Abstract, and are willing to travel
- Proficient project management skills including budgeting and scheduling activities
- Demonstrated experience in environmental consulting
- Extensive field and site experience with strong health and safety focus
- High level of verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding and application of contaminated sites investigation methods and environmental legislation
Expected Salary (all locations): $84,200 -$143,100
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.