Closing Date: December 5, 2022
Are you passionate about the environment and ensuring appropriate steps are taken to protect it? Join our Water Quality and Projects team working to advance the objectives of the Elk Valley Water Quality Plan.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Water Operations, the Senior Engineer Supervisor, Processing is responsible for leading and mentoring a large team of skilled technical professionals supporting Teck's water operations. This position will strategically guide the process engineering and technical work for water operations, including existing site continuous improvement, collaborating with research and development, and supporting projects through the design, commissioning, and operation stages.
To be successful, we are looking for someone who has the balance of technical, leadership and communication skills needed to understand the process needs of water operations, develop a plan to meet those needs and coordinate their delivery. You must have the ability to multitask, prioritize contending demands in ambiguous situations and remain flexible and organized in a fast-paced environment. Lastly, someone who can translate technical concepts to operations personal, management and regulators, effectively facilitating decision making factors is vital for success.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia! Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Foster a culture of efficient decision processes through problem framing, information gathering, and risk evaluation
- Lead the development of work scopes through effective communication and collaboration with operating sites, environment functions, and other projects
- Represent and translate technical operations data to external parties, including regulators and public presentations
- Develop and guide teams by performing staff assessments and provide resource projections to facilitate training and staffing processes to ensure multiple projects are resourced to meet objectives
- Drive the continual improvement systems and processes to enable improved outcomes for current and future projects
- Cultivate collaboration to grow technical expertise across water operations
- Ensure effective Contractor Management and Management of Change is achieved
- Lead the technical and corporate review of reports, publications and other documents generated from technical work scopes
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree in Engineering, or Science
- Eligible for registration or registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Minimum ten years operations process engineering experience
- Research and Development experience, including program management, engineering, permitting, and piloting
- Experience leading highly technical teams, as well as overseeing, coordinating, and communicating with multiple internal resources and external parties
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite®: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
R&D Engineer, Coal Mining, R&D, Process Engineer, Engineering, Mining, Research
Engineering Management and Executive