is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable NORTH VANCOUVER, DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, EDMONTON OR THORNHILL WSP
is currently seeking a motivated Senior Engineer, with significant experience in planning and design of water-related projects, with a focus on pumping and conveyance systems in our North Vancouver BC, Downtown Vancouver BC, Edmonton AB or Thornhill ON offices. Reporting to the Director Conveyance & Infrastructure Planning, the Senior Engineer will lead and facilitate planning and engineering studies for water & wastewater infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on a wide range of water infrastructure projects, both locally and nationwide. Projects can include design and construction of water distribution and wastewater conveyance systems, including pump stations and pipelines. As a key member of the team you may deal directly with clients and approval agencies .RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leading and/or participating in client development activities, assessing potentials, assisting with position and capture strategies, proposal and presentation efforts for Water/Wastewater Design projects;
• Provide technical design support for infrastructure related projects for water distribution, water and wastewater pump station and sanitary sewer collection systems;
• Independently create detailed designs, plans, specifications, and estimates for water and wastewater pipelines, pump stations, and water reservoirs projects;
• Make independent assessment of engineering problems and recommend solutions to engineering discipline leads, resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner;
• Provide construction support services, including shop drawing reviews, response to RFIs, site visits, attend meetings, etc.;
• Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions;
• Take technical and time management responsibilities of tasks and delegate effectively to junior staff;
• Serve as Project Manager for projects of different levels of complexity and size;
• Ability to work well with a dynamic and ambitious team. Help us deliver on several high profile city and catchment studies, support our busy detailed design teams, push our digital boundaries and work with us to deliver a bright future for our conveyance team;
• Interacting directly with various personnel in our Client's organisations, including face to face progress meetings; and
• Other duties as assigned . QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 10+ years of technical engineering skills;
• Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required, Master's degree a plus;
• Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration with EGBC;
• Candidate must have experience in design of water distribution or wastewater conveyance systems with strong knowledge and background of pumping systems;
• Experience should encompass hydraulic evaluations, conceptual/feasibility studies, preparation of design reports, development of construction drawings and specifications, bidding assistance, and support of office and field-related construction services;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports and documents;
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
• Ability to work independently; and
• Ability to mentor junior staff .
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
North Vancouver, BC
Construction, Mining and Trades