is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VICTORIA or NANAIMO, BC - RELOCATION PROVIDED
WSP is currently seeking to fill the position of Senior Engineer to join our Building Sciences group, located at our Victoria (3600 Uptown Blvd) office. Reporting to the Building Science Director, this is an opportunity for an established Senior Engineer, looking to drive project delivery for one of Canada's leading multi-discipline Engineering firms.
The role also involves Building Envelope consulting services in both the existing building and new construction markets, and Structural Deterioration and Repair specialty consulting services for existing buildings of all types. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of engineers, technicians, and drafters.
• Make project decisions that align with the company's guiding principles.
• Deliver projects to achieve target budgets and timelines.
• Assist the management team as needed.
• Support business development efforts by interacting with clients through projects as well as market developing activities.
• Carry out, in collaboration with the other members of the team, client proposals, investigation reports and construction documents related to various building components (envelope, roof, structures, fenestration, etc.).
• Drafting of reports, design of plans, specifications and details.
• Design new building envelope assemblies as well as restoration repairs for building components (plans, specifications and details) based on guidelines within the framework of projects for the institutional, industrial, residential and commercial sectors. Ensure designs correspond to guidelines, code requirements and other regulations.
• Generate budget estimates for projects.
• Provide oversight in the production of tender documents, specifications and other technical documents.
• Manage the contract administration and quality of restoration projects at the construction stage.
• Provide technical support to project team members and carry out all other related tasks that may help in carrying out projects.
• Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems.
• Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base. QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering - Preference for those candidates with completed courses in Building Science or Diploma from a 2-year Technical College specializing in Building Sciences;
• Registered (or eligible for registration) as a P. Eng with EGBC or an AScT Designation;
• 10+ years of relevant experience as a consultant in Building Science (institutional, residential, industrial and commercial sectors);
• Experience in delivering Building Science projects for an established Consulting firm in Canada;
• In-depth knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, roofs, and parking structures;
• Sense of initiative, attention to detail;
• Experience in managing client relationships;
• Ability to work in a team and manage teams (team spirit);
• Excellent communication both orally and in writing.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada/, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada/