We are seeking a Senior Engineer with seismic design expertise to join our Bridges group. The Senior Engineer will provide technical leadership in the design and delivery of transportation projects, including highway, transit, rail and pedestrian bridges, retaining walls, and unique structures. Duties include analysis, design, inspection, evaluation, cost estimating, tender document preparation and construction support.
The WSP Bridge Group in Vancouver is involved in many high-profile transportation projects in the province. This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and growing team!A day in the life...
Responsibilities will include technical leadership and delivery of:
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and other civil structures;
- Sophisticated analysis (nonlinear time-history, static pushover, soil-structural interaction) and performance-based seismic design of new and retrofitted structures;
- Seismic vulnerability and hazard assessment as well as seismic retrofit options for existing bridges
- Bridge inspections, assessment and rehabilitation design;
- Quantities and construction cost estimates;
- Checking of designs and drawings;
- Specifications and contract document preparation;
- Review of shop drawings and field review of bridge construction;
- Preparation of reports and proposals; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in civil engineering with structural specialty from an accredited university;
- 10 to 15 years of experience in structural and seismic design of bridges, seismic assessment and retrofit design for existing bridges;
- Should possess or be eligible for professional licensing with EGBC;
- Superior technical understanding, design abilities and current on bridge technologies such as base isolation, 3D BrIM, parametric design, etc.;
- Working level knowledge of structural analysis software used in bridge design such as CSIBridge, MIDAS, etc;
- Areas of expertise required are in the planning, preliminary and detailed design, and construction of bridges of standard and complex geometry, and culverts;
- A thorough knowledge of current bridge design codes (CAN/CSA-S6 in particular) and standards is essential;
- Experience with inspection, assessment and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Experience with field review and inspection during construction;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; and
- A team player with a willingness to mentor and collaborate with team members.
Expected Salary (all locations): $84,200 - $143,100
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.