Have you ever wanted to define a new way of doing development? With the AWS Step Functions team, you can! We orchestrate the components of distributed and serverless applications using visual workflows. It is the next leap forward in how rapid development is done. Our customers use us to solve hard problems in Machine Learning, IT automation, microservices orchestration, and Big Data. If you are passionate about the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies, developing distributed applications that are easy and reliable, and forging the path on how serverless development is done, then the AWS Step Functions team has a place for you.
How do you know if you are a good fit for our team? You look at really hard problems as an exciting challenge, not a daunting task. You think about all the ways something could go wrong in solving these problems and see around the corners. Since the team shares your passion for building cool stuff, you will collaborate with your teammates closely and share data-driven perspectives you bring to all the problems we face. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you get jazzed because you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right.
We are looking for a senior engineer to drive feature development and the technical roadmap for AWS Step Functions. As a senior engineer, you will play a key role in writing significant portions of the code for our most complex features, defining the system architecture, and mentoring junior team members. If the opportunity to influence broadly while applying your technical skills directly is appealing to you, this role may be a good fit.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about serving customers, and excited to come to work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Computer Science and 6+ years of experience
- Proven track record of leading delivery of large scale, distributed, high quality systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale Unix systems engineering, building and operating complex distributed systems
- Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C#, or C++
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristicsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- MS or PhD in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Experience with workflow products: SWF, Step Functions, Luigi, Airflow, or even BPMN, BPEL
- Experience in Software As a Service
- Technical expertise in at least one major technical area of distributed systems, such as scale-out or fault-tolerance
- Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
Software and Programming