Disability Management Institute (DMI)
offers small and medium sized employers flexible innovative solutions to their disability management needs. Our specialties include: WCB/WSIB Claims Management, Self-Funded Sick Leave Adjudication, and Non Occupational Absence Management, Return to Work Planning and Disability Management. Ranging in size from 5-2500 employees our clients span the public and private sectors and cover a wide range of industries.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill a SeniorEarly Intervention Specialist (Case Manager)
position in our head officelocated inSurrey, BC
.The Early Intervention Specialist works with employees, employers, treatment providers and insurance carriers to facilitate a safe and sustainable environmentfor employees on medical leave.Theyactas a subject matter expert for employers, providing advice and recommendationson disability management and return to work.OutcomesWithin 30 days
Within 60 days
- Possesses a comprehensiveunderstanding of DMI processes and procedures.
- Possesses a full understanding of all DMI programs and services and identifies files that meet criteria for referral
- Independently creates and managescase management plans for both straight forward and complex files
- Provides training and coaching toEIS's on complex file management.
- Identifies files that may proceedto a long-term or permanent accommodation and understands the steps to managethese cases
- Identifies files where workplaceissues are a primary driver of absence and develop strategies to address thoseissues and either return
Within 90 days
- Meets with EIS's and Team Leads to review client portfolio andidentifies clients that would benefit from further training/programdevelopment.
- Coordinatesand runs client meetings where purpose is to explain early intervention programand/or review cases.
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering a WOW factor daily, yourKey Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Reviews new files upon receipt. Performs initial interviews with employees and employers and to gather relevant claim information.
- Requests and reviews updated medical information to gather a more extensive understanding of the nature of the client's disability, any ongoing functional limitations and restrictions, and prognosis for return to work.
- Creates and maintains a comprehensive file management plan for each assigned file that focuses on promoting recovery and return to work.
- Follows up with employees on disability leave on a regular basis to monitor recovery and explore options for return to work. Provides external resources where appropriate.
- Regularly updates employers on employee's progress. Seeks information regarding job duties and demands and any return to work options. Provides recommendations and advice to employers regarding return to work.
- Regularly reviews active cases to determine whether they meet the criteria to be referred for any external interventions that would improve outcomes and provide a positive return on investment.
- When return to work is appropriate works with the employee, employer, treatment team, and carrier to develop a safe and sustainable plan. Monitors progress of plan through completion. Seeks assistance from other staff members when required.
- Keeps full and complete notes of all file interactions and completes all required fields within proprietary database system.
- Determines if/when disability application paperwork needs to be provided to a client. Ensures that the appropriate paperwork is sent and followed up on. Reviews paperwork to identify any issues that may impact claim.
- Responds to all emails and voicemails received from clients within company SLA's.
- Prepares standard and non-standard letters for clients in response to specific requests or in accordance with file management procedures.
- Represents the company at client meetings, either in person or over the phone both for own client group; provides support to Early Intervention Specialists in meetings for their client groups.
- Produces metrics reporting for own clients and works with Team Lead and/or Training & Development Specialists on trend analysis; provides support to Early Intervention Specialists with respect to metrics reporting for their client groups.
- Responds to partner inquiries/concerns related to specific files or clients; provides support to Early Intervention Specialists with respect to partner concerns.
- Manages cases for employees who have had their disability benefits declined but who are not yet returning to work.
- 3+ years Disability Management experience.
- Post-secondary education in human resources,psychology, social work, kinesiology or a related discipline.
- Previous group benefits experience is an asset.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent benefits plan
- flex time
- education assistance
- participation in our Happy Friday program
- access to our Group RRSP plan
We thank everyone who applies to the Senior Early Intervention Specialist (Case Manager) role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill aSeniorEarly Intervention Specialist
position in our head officelocated inSurrey, BC
.The Early Intervention Specialist works with employees, employers, treatment providers and insurance carriers to facilitate a safe and sustainable environmentfor employees on medical leave.Theyactas a subject matter expert for employers, providing advice and recommendationson disability management and return to work.