Do you have extensive knowledge of the global defence market, customer base and industry &ndash particularly in airborne surveillance and intelligence systems (ship and shore-based) that provide real-time, tactical actionable intelligence information to defence, security and other operational decision makers? Are you interested offering your business growth leadership expertise and take on new challenges in expanding a business that has unlimited possibilities? Do you relish the opportunity to be part of the leadership team of a rapidly growing business?
MDA is a world-leader in the delivery of turnkey UAS services that provide very high availability, high-tempo surveillance and intelligence services to our operational customers. Partnered with a range of aircraft platform providers, MDA has built the broad suite of expertise that enables us to deliver a range of UAS services anywhere in the world. We see a rapidly growing demand on a global basis for our services.
As the Senior Director, Global UAS Services Expansion and an integral member of MDA&rsquo s Defence team, you will be responsible for rapidly expanding MDA&rsquo s funnel of UAS opportunities around the world and then working with the rest of our team to pursue, position and win those opportunities. This position will be located in our Vancouver or Ottawa
office. Core to this role is the ability to strategically and tactically match both hard and soft customer needs to the strengths of MDA&rsquo s UAS service offerings and to work collaboratively as an integral member of our UAS business team. Responsibilities
Using your existing knowledge of and connections within the global defence community, you will create and grow relationships within target customers to identify UAS service opportunities that can be satisfied by MDA and drive captures through to awarded contracts.
As the Senior Director, Global UAS Services Expansion, you will, as part of the MDA Defence team:
Mandatory Requirements (experience/skills)
- Analyze the global UAS market and identify and aggressively implement the go-to-market strategies that will rapidly expand MDA&rsquo s UAS service opportunity funnel
- Travel extensively on a global basis to identify and meet with potential customers to develop a deep understanding of the customers&rsquo requirements, procurement processes and timelines and differentiating needs.
- Help to prioritize global opportunities based on the probability of the opportunity moving forward and on the probability of MDA winning the opportunity.
- Work with the rest of the MDA UAS team to develop specific capture strategies for identified customers by matching customer&rsquo s requirements, procurement processes and timelines to MDA&rsquo s UAS solution capabilities.
- Lead specific business development and marketing activities or captures depending on agreed priorities and bandwidth limitations. Support other MDA leaders in other UAS captures.
- Communicate openly and transparently, on a frequent basis with the rest of the MDA UAS team including MDA senior management.
- Gather relevant information on specific captures and create strategic capture plans in collaboration with the rest of the MDA UAS team.
- Identify major market trends, new/untapped opportunities, new partners and new competitors and issues as input to the continuously evolving MDA UAS service strategy.
Desired Requirements (experience/skills)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the global defence market including customer knowledge and contacts
- Experience with a diverse range of countries and customers including cultures, customs, procurement processes, etc.
- Strong defence industry knowledge, experience and contacts
- Minimum of 5 years global sales and/or business development (including capture management) experience in defence industry
- Management of in-country sales representatives
- Demonstrated ability to expand opportunity funnels with quality opportunities and progress opportunities down the funnel
- Demonstrated participation, knowledge and execution of a complex sales process in defence systems field
- Strong interpersonal, team and leadership skills including ability to collaborate constructively within a team
- Facilitate multiple level and discipline interfaces between customer staff and MDA staff as necessary to maximize MDA probability of winning
- Ability to gain and hold a security clearance from a NATO or Five Eyes country
- Ability to travel extensively and frequently on a global basis
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the global airborne surveillance (ideally UAS surveillance) market including customer knowledge and contacts
- Track record of identifying, pursuing and winning airborne surveillance opportunities
- 10 years global sales and business development experience in a defence industry
- Ability to gain and hold a security clearance from a Five Eyes country