Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
BCAA's Digital Team is looking for a Regular Full-time Senior Digital Product Manager.
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The Chief Digital Officer (CDO) Team leads digital change by contributing directly to the development of customer and business transformation across the organization. Senior Digital Product Manager plays a key role to the success of lean startup practices, and in pivoting BCAA to a delivery approach for digital business centered on design thinking. The Senior Digital Product Manager conceives, defines, tests, delivers, monitors, refines and withdraws digital products in the market (or internally) to maximize business results. This role will take a part in conducting customer research, and work with key stakeholders across business and technology to develop and convey product vision.
The successful candidate leads digital lab delivery team and also works with experience design team to deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience.
This role works effectively with a wide range of teams - from business leaders to delivery teams - driving product success without breaking the self-organizing culture that makes lean and agile delivery organizations successful.
This position emphasizes an entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration, not authority.Key Responsibilities Product Management
Product Delivery Management
- Bring the product to market by guiding digital lab team and ensuring we are prepared to deliver and service the product throughout its life cycle. When serving internal customers, ensure that the organization is prepared to deliver and support the entire business capability (including all of its human, organizational, process and physical aspects, such as training for call-center agents)
- Continually monitor and refine the product while in market. Make recommendations on incremental improvements, kill/no kill decision, or when to accelerate product(s) by transitioning them to the rest of the organization.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and refine business and pricing models for the product, whether directly (through a subscription, for example) or indirectly (based on advertising, or internal). Leverage data insights and collaborate with Data Science team.
- Work with key stakeholders to make frequent and dynamic prioritization decisions based on the latest product analytics, product metrics and customer feedback. Define, track and communicate key product performance indicators as required to inform this process, and track business results.
- Work within the product budget established in consultation with CDO business sponsors by balancing resources across customer and market research, competitive analysis, vision development, and prototyping, but primarily to sustain product teams to deliver and improve the product.
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders, supplying customer and market research and analytics to lead them to converge on a product strategy, vision and roadmap. This will help the CDO achieve its goals and objectives, according to a shared view of product priorities. Part of defining the roadmap is defining a release strategy, from early prototypes, through minimum viable product (MVP), to the first and subsequent releases. This is subject to frequent change as with any agile delivery process.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the key business and technology stakeholders that are involved with CDO product development and who make decisions regarding product capabilities, priorities and CDO roadmap.
- Lean in/lead customer research by participating/conducting surveys, product analytics, market research, interviews, hackathons, online forums, and leveraging existing means of gaining insight into the "voice of the customer." Use this insight to define the customer segments the product will target, to understand those customers' goals, and how they would gain value from product capabilities.
- Act as the "keeper (and communicator) of the vision" to translate the product strategy and vision developed with business stakeholders into what the lab delivery team must bear in mind every day to ensure they are building the right product(s).
- Define the product roadmap based on business outcomes. Define which business capabilities the product should have, and what business outcomes those capabilities should achieve. Participate in design thinking sessions led by customer experience design team to assist with defining "user stories" that will emerge from the process.
- Lead product delivery lab team. Help define backlog priorities and allocation of work to the team. Stay in regular contact to help the team make decisions informed by the product vision and budget, as well as to give regular feedback on sprint demos and other reviewable features. Check/test the latest feature build to find defects that nobody else has been able to spot.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders such as business, data and IT architects to align Product (marketing, sales/channel ops…) and platform architectures and capabilities according to agreed goals for nonfunctional requirements. Product managers advocate for nonfunctional requirements and make sure to strike the right balance of bringing new concepts to market versus the ability to accelerate products and concepts by scaling them to the rest of the organization.
- Leads the Digital Lab team and communicates business unit and product goals, objectives and priorities in a persuasive manner that builds support, agreement and commitment
- Works effectively with and through others as a member of one or more teams focused on executing the product strategy
- Exerts servant leadership, based on achieving common objectives
- Takes actions that directly or indirectly influence others to create support, gain trust and motivate actions in others, or win concessions without damaging relationships
- Orchestrates key stakeholders and product teams to turn product vision into reality
- Reconciles perspectives on product strategy and priorities into a consensus that all stakeholders can support
- Is experienced and effective at applying change management principles and techniques in helping the organization manage through change as required to execute the product strategy
- Ensures the team has sufficient skills and experience to meet department objectives
- Ensures knowledge transfer and retention in team
- Manages succession and career development plans
- Provides performance management as required
- Bachelors or Post-graduate degree in area(s) of Education: Product Management, Visual Design, Experience Design, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years total relevant experience including 3 years Tech Product Management; 3 years Lean/Agile Delivery
- 5-7 years (or more) of relevant experience in tech and business/industry (in the business domain in which the product will exist) that gave the candidate a close-enough view of the target customer role to understand what they do, and what they see as valuable.
- 3+ years in diverse roles and increasing responsibilities across business and tech (a business-only career is acceptable if business roles included sufficient technology focus to equip the candidate to communicate effectively with/lead delivery teams).
- Demonstrable experience of engaging executives and other stakeholders to support important business decisions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the product management discipline,
- Familiarity with the principles of design thinking, and lean and agile software delivery.
- More than 3 years working in or with lean and agile software delivery teams (preferred).
- 1- 3 years working with design professionals, within a design thinking process, including as an assistant in the user experience design process (preferred).
- The ability to build an environment where the organization and its people learn naturally from experiences and look for ways to apply their learning to benefit the organization
- Early adopter of emerging technologies and enthusiasm for testing new ways of doing, without a fear of risk
- Proven success in leading, coaching, and developing teams in a collaborative way
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment, courage and entrepreneurial excitement, with a desire for ownership
- A passion delighting and inspiring the customers
Internal Applicants: Please note the internal posting will close on November 22 and this is a M3 Salary range. After this date, the internal posting will remain open however you will be considered with external candidates.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance