The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that help organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. As a Senior DevOps Consultant you will bring leadership and experience with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC. You will lead our enterprise customers through large organizational and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist and familiarity with administrative tasks within popular operating systems.
• Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
• Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
• 2+ years of strong hands-on experience of programming in Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object oriented language.
• Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, load balancing and firewall.
• Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, X-Ray, and APM tools.
• Experience with development and automated testing.
• Understanding of microservices and application architecture.
• Experience building enterprise security strategy for adoption driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
• Experience leading the certification accreditation of workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.