We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now! PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP HANA Database and Analytics Core engine team is looking for an intermediate, or senior developer to contribute to our next generation semantics engine development. In this role, you will be designing, developing features, and maintaining our semantics engine, which runs inside SAP HANA in-memory database, and serves semantic engine especially SPARQL-RDF queries.
At SAP, all members of the engineering team, including management are hands-on and close to the code. If you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience please do not hesitate to apply. This role can be onsite, Hybrid or a 100% remote role for candidates based in Canada. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Must have university degree in computer science, or engineering with2+ years of recent and relevant hands-on experience working as a C++ developer. Other object-oriented languages may be considered
- Prior experience designing and developing well-encapsulated, or object-oriented code is required
- Knowledge and experience with more recent C++ standard such as C++17 is highly desirable
- Knowledge of relational logic and prior experience with summarization and/or reporting using SQL, or OLAP, or NoSQL databases is highly desirable
- Knowledge of semantics/graph technology like SPARQL, RDF, Cypher is highly desirable
- Development experience with large codebases, and developing native applications on Linux is desirable
- Experience with debugging using GDB is desirable
- Knowledge and experience developing multi-threaded applications is desirable
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol, and TCP/IP networking is required
- Experience with development methodologies and continuous development models is desirable
- Prior experience with gathering requirements and interfacing with customers and product management is desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, analyticaland communication skill is required
As a senior developer on the SAP HANA Database team, you will have the opportunity to:
Perks and Benefits
- Contribute to hands-on coding, design, and architecture that is best suited for our team size and performance targets
- Requirement elicitation, feature elaboration, task break-down and estimation
- Collaborate in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from various lines of businesses within the company
- Ability to communicate, and guide other teams to construct best possible queries for their needs
- Assess new technology, tool, and infrastructure to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Embrace lean and agile software development principles
- Mentor junior team members
- Debug, troubleshoot and communicate with customers about their issues with their data models, and queries.
- Continually enhance existing skills and seek new areas for personal development
At SAP competitive salaries and generous bonuses are only the beginning. We take work-life balance seriously and offer our team members a rich benefits package to help them succeed in both their work and personal goals. Some benefits you will enjoy include:
We build breakthroughs together
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation allowance starting at 3 weeks per year and increasing to 5 weeks after 5 years
- Generous sick and personal leave policy
- Strong focus on mentoring, training, and career development
- Tuition assistance/reimbursement
- Defined contribution pension plan, group RSP and group TFSA.
- Subsidized SAP stock purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan including life insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, health, dental, drug, vision, health care spending account, personal spending account and Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking and subsidized transit passes
- Paid time to volunteer and charitable donation matching program
- Lunch on Us meal subsidy
- Foosball, pool, and ping pong tables on site
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy . Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 338817 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Requisition ID: 338817
Posted Date: May 18, 2022
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
Creative and Graphic Design Software and Programming