We're Frozen Mountain Software, a global leader in Internet-Based Real-Time Communications (iRTC) solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most
. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!) We were awarded 2018 & 2019 Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers and we were featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours, work-from-home days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high-impact, A-players who are incredibly passionate!
Here's what we rock at; capturing elusive requirements, then documenting difficult specifications, and engineering solid foundations. Oh, and we do this all against the relentless ticking of the project clock. At Frozen Mountain we believe that programming is a craft, an art form. We're looking for a Senior Developer- Platform Reliability
who shares this sentiment, who applies ingenuity in their work to get the best solutions. If you are a senior developer who takes pride in your craft, enjoys the Real-Time Communication world, then come work small miracles with us every day!
What you will be doing:
- Platform Reliability is a new focus of the Engineering team. It involves a group of passionate individuals working to ensure that any defects, regressions, and inefficiencies are quickly identified and fixed.
- Prioritizing customer-facing issues above all else, Platform Reliability developers have an in-depth understanding of our WebRTC Client SDK (which spans five languages and a dozen platforms), WebRTC signaling and media streaming services, and other diverse microservices that are developed and maintained by the Engineering department.
We're often asked, what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain. You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE!
(Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence
). Is the FORCE
strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.
- 8+ years experience with .NET development and expert skills with C# a must.
- Mobile development experience is a benefit.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Customer Success team and work closely with them to resolve critical customer issues promptly.
- First-class analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent defect triaging and root-cause analysis skills are a must.
- Ability to mentor junior and intermediate developers in solving complex problems with many moving parts.
- Can move between tasks, getting up to speed quickly with diverse technologies, applications, and projects.
- Ability to prioritize according to customer impact, using your experience to diagnose problems in diverse and complex technologies.
- Work without guidance, prioritizing the highest impact issues for escalation.
- Ability to switch contexts rapidly.
- Fix defects without requiring extensive review or QA.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and commission - we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company and RRSP matching
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Weekly catered lunches, monthly pub nights, and awesome staff and family events
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 50 employees, 500 customers, and 1000s of developers building with our product worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry-leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status