- Bring your strengths in designing and developing scalable web applications to Canada's largest automotive marketing company
- Great opportunity for a skilled developer with experience designing high availability, data intensive solutions
- Competitive remuneration package plus exciting opportunities to give back to the community and volunteer abroad
About Absolute Results
Absolute Results Productions Ltd. is Canada’s largest automotive marketing company and the industry leader in database marketing, salesperson training, and private sale’s events. We think big, we dream big and we produce big successful events across North America and Europe. We have the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter and we believe in making big things possible.
Absolute Results is currently going through a significant technological transformation, we are moving our LAMP stack into AWS, consolidating databases between various application stacks, integrating with new big-data, ML and BI technologies, and implementing new Accounting, CRM and HRIS systems which all need integration to our existing applications. We need a Senior Developer with a strong background in back-end development to join our fast-paced DevOps team to contribute to the success of this transformation by building applications that prepare the business for our continued global expansion.
In this role, you will:
- Provide guidance on the design and back-end architecture of our next generation cloud applications
- Provide expertise in the design of scalable high availability web applications
- Design and develop high volume data processing systems and related databases
- Contribute to our development culture by continually improving processes and codebase
- Investigate, propose and demonstrate solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovation and trends
- Maintain our reputation of delivering high-value, high-quality products and listening to our customers' needs
To qualify, you'll have:
- A degree in computer science, engineering or business or equivalent post-secondary education
- Previous experience in a Senior Developer/Analyst role
- Significant experience developing on LAMP stack, able to provide guidance on back-end architecture and coding best practices
- Experience developing Ruby on Rails would be a plus
- Experience with high concurrency solutions with languages such as GoLang or C would be a plus
- Significant experience in systems integration, developing and consuming web services, web hooks and other API’s
- Experience designing and developing data processing systems is a must
- Experience setting up and administering relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Previous experience developing MDM solutions highly preferred
- Experience working with automotive datasets highly preferred
- Experience developing for AWS or other cloud platform is a plus
- Good working knowledge NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchDB and Elasticsearch is a plus
You'll excel in this role if you can:
- Able to effectively manage work across multiple simultaneous projects and ongoing operational responsibilities
- Work effectively on projects involving cross-departmental teams
- Seriously apply technology in solving business problems and communicate with all levels to present these ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Work proactively - you can see what needs to be done and you do it without being told
- Be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic entrepreneurial culture
- Keep a tight lip (we do lots of cool stuff that is industry leading)
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you'll receive a competitive remuneration package that is reflective of your qualifications, skills, and experience.
At Absolute Results, you'll find a friendly and passionate team of professionals who are working hard to build a solid foundation for our growing business. You'll also find a team who believes in philanthropy. Through our Hope of Life program, employees who qualify have the opportunity to give back to the community, both locally and in Guatemala.
We're a company who values training and development for all of our employees. We also host birthday celebrations, staff barbecues, and offer a comprehensive extended health and benefits package. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Posted: September 13, 2017
Closes:October 11, 2017