With Amazon Location Service, we are democratizing access to location and enabling customers to easily add capabilities such as maps, points of interest, geocoding, geofences, routing, and tracking to their applications. We are an active contributing member of the MapLibre open source community and our customers use our service to create striking map-based visualization, personalize customer engagement based on location, track their assets, and enhance their ride sharing or delivery operations.
We are a new service and we are looking for a self-directed senior developer advocate to drive adoption and community engagement for Amazon Location Service, particularly among developers adding geospatial capabilities to applications. In this role, you'll combine your passion and enthusiasm for geospatial developers with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-root attention and support for Amazon Location Service among developers, technologists, and key industry opinion makers.
Ideally, you're someone who can write code with the best of them, but get great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you heartily believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers but are equally at home working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, this is your dream job. Your responsibilities will include:
• Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows and press events
• Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of Amazon Location Service
• Be a multiplying factor within AWS, building expertise in the wider AWS solution architects and technical sales team by providing internal training, reviewing blogs, and responding to queries
• Collaborating with product managers to define the product roadmap, user experience, market segment positioning, and developer program initiatives
• Creating screencasts, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
• Maintaining a credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
• Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry developer advocacy organization
Our team also puts a value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting the growth of our employees through mentorship and knowledge sharing. Each of our team members has a mentor to guide them on questions relevant to their work and career. You'll be surrounded with experienced and senior colleagues in the team who will help you onboard to your new role, and to Amazon.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software development or working closely with developer audiences (e.g. as a solution architect or in a developer community)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with geospatial development, building solutions that rely on capabilities such as maps, geocoding, routing, tracking, or geofencing.
- Experience building a developer communityPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- History of presenting with credibility at large conferences
- Experience teaching developers through mediums such as blog posts, video tutorials, and technical training programs
- Existing social media presence and followers, especially in developer communities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive