Ministry of Citizens' Services
This position is located in Victoria; however, Burnaby, Campbell River, Comox, Courtenay, Coquitlam, Langley, Maple Ridge, Nanaimo, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, West Vancouver may also be considered subject to Ministry operational requirements.Senior Dev Ops Specialist
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens' Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC, and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca.
The Connectivity Division leads government's mandate to expand internet connectivity to all British Columbians in all corners of the province. The division manages provincial funding programs, provides leadership, expertise, tools and supports to communities and local governments in the expansion, coordination, and provisioning of telecommunications services.
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a fully automated DevOps development and production environment including automated code migration, and testing processes and tools for effective iterative software development. The position will work as part of an Agile development team responsible for developing software for administration of the Connecting Communities BC program and other programs as required.Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or *related field and a minimum two (2) years' **related experience; OR,
• Post-secondary diploma in Computer Science or *related field and a minimum three (3) years' **related experience; OR,
• Certificate in Computer Science or *related field and a minimum of four (4) years' **related experience; OR,
• Secondary school graduation or equivalent (i.e.: GED), and a minimum of five (5) years' **related experience.
*Related field may include: Data Science, Dev Ops, GIS, IT, statistics, mathematics, web development or other relevant specialty education as designated by program requirements.Experience:
**Related experience must include all of the following:
• Experience as a Dev Ops Specialist.
• Experience with API development and integration and continuous development environments.
• Experience using continuous integration technologies (e.g.: Jenkins, Azure, Github).
For more information, and to apply online by September 29, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/91981 Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Nanaimo, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Software and Programming