Senior Design Engineer or Technologist
Reporting to the V.P. & General Manager, the incumbent will primarily focus on new product design and custom engineered cylinder solutions for clients worldwide. Working closely with the production group, this position is responsible for creating detailed drawings, bills of materials and manufacturing specifications for new product development requirements and existing products.
- Establishes design criteria and produces manufacturing specification and drawings for actuator product lines
- Provides engineering specifications and supports sales quotations, shop floor process development and new product development
- Manages engineering projects for new products or manufacturing processes as required
- Works with suppliers to ensure the quality and usability of raw materials, component parts, and sub-assemblies meet or exceed defined production specifications
- Optimizes and manages engineering information flow, design standards, design revisions and CAD best practices
- Performs stress calculations and establish design limits as required
- Takes field measurements and documents customer requirements for new projects, new product development, custom product configurations and failure analysis
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as required
- BASc Mechanical Engineering or Diploma Mechanical Technology
Experience & Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years experience in mechanical design and industrial product development, preferably working with customers and guiding small teams
- Familiarity and experience using SolidWorks
- Experience in engineering project management
- Knowledge of ERP factory systems an asset
- Proven track record of problem solving and innovative design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Some business-related travel may be required
Westcoast Cylinders Inc. ( http://royalcylinders.com ) is a family-owned and operated business located in New Westminster BC that has been serving North American industrial needs for over 50 years. We manufacture the Royal line of tie rod hydraulic and air cylinders and accessories that are used around the world in the wood products, mining, oil and gas, and marine industries. Our products are known for their robust design, reliability, superior operational performance, and ease of repair.
If you are interested in this opportunity, meet the stated requirements and live in the Vancouver Lower Mainland, please forward your cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.