You are a project portfolio manager experienced in providing oversight and strategy of an IT project portfolio for Information Services. You will work with the IS Business Relationship Team and Operating Group executives to assess, document, and evaluate potential demand. In this role, you will produce a variety of management and executive reports, focussing on current demand, demand backlog, resource allocations, capacity availability, demand capacity variances and over/under allocation risks.
Join our Information Services team today!
• Selecting and managing projects as a portfolio of investments. Aligning projects with an organization's strategic direction, making the best use of limited resources, and building synergies between projects. Developing and applying techniques and strategies for selecting, prioritizing, and coordinating projects as a portfolio to increase value to an organization.
• Responsible for the pre-planning, scheduling, and allocating of resources to be used for the execution of IT initiatives or projects in our overall IT new work portfolio.
• Working closely with the Delivery teams to manage resource plans, consumption, and re-allocation for both planned and unplanned project work
• Making and communicating portfolio adjustments as new demands emerge throughout the year
• Capture, centralize, and assess strategic (planned) and operational (unplanned) demands. Overall responsibility for the demand lifecycle (idea to a demand, to a project, enhancement, change, or defect).
• Managing the overall flow of demand through the demand management pipeline throughout the demand lifecycle, and adjusting to optimize throughout
• Perform demand manager role as part of Med - X large evaluations
• Management Reporting on both data and process as it pertains to demand, resource, and scheduling. Provide recommendations on portfolio mix and continuous improvements to senior leadership.
• Provide guidance, mentorship and leadership and overall governance of the demand process.
Additional Information: Company Description
• At least 10 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
• IT Portfolio Management
• IT Project or Program Management
• IT Resource Management
• IT Reporting Management
• At least 5 years experience as a Project Manager for mid to large scale projects
• Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
• Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
• Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
• Strong data analysis and reporting skills to develop demand forecasts based on demand patterns and trends
• Knowledge of project, program and service delivery disciplines and approaches required to provision IT solutions in the business domain
• Knowledge of roles, responsibilities, competencies, and skills needed in a variety of approaches to the planning and execution of projects, programs, and other structured work
• Working knowledge of ITIL and or ITSM
• Interpersonal skills, critical listening, conflict resolution and empathy
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow and PowerBI
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Nov 21, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada