Founded in 1976, CGI is one of the worlds largest IT and business consulting services firms. We help clients achieve their goals, including becoming customer-centric digital organizations, through high-end IT and business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services combined with a unique client proximity model and global center of excellence network.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career.
CGI's Victoria team is looking for a Senior data warehouse developer/architect to develop and support Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) mappings. This role requires carrying out a wide variety of advanced operations involving extracting, transforming, loading, administrative, statistical, and other data.
Your future duties and responsibilities
In this role you will guide a small team performing ODI development work and building ODI framework components.
You'll develop complex data transformation maps (read data from variety of data sources and migrate/load data into Oracle databases).
You'll apply your extensive experience using and defining configuration management processes for ODI development artifacts and utilize all ODI tools including Topology, Security Manager, Designer and Operator to create/modify/manage ODI configurations and mappings.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Subject matter expertise with ODI and Oracle Warehouse Builder ETL operations and Data Warehousing areas with a thorough understanding of Oracle Technologies, Data Modeling, Star Schema design and Oracle Applications Architecture (12c)
• Experience developing and executing unit and integration test plans
• The ability to analyze data for creating ETL Mappings and associated artifacts using ODI
• Expert knowledge of complex Data Warehouse ETL operations
• 6+ years’ experience with Oracle relational Databases, Data Warehouses, Data Modeling, and Star Schema design
• Expert knowledge of Oracle ODI Release 12c
• 6+ years SQL experience, preferably Oracle PL-SQL
• Strong experience in designing technical architecture, configuring all components of ODI, Data transformation and associated development and security activities
• Experience working directly with end users is preferred
• Thorough knowledge of systems design, management principles and new systems design techniques
• Ability to guide and coordinate the work of others
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
• Ability to interface with CGI Clients, Project Managers and other Leaders to communicate project status, issue and resolutions
• Expertise in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) is an asset so the candidate can assist with the presentation tier as well
• Experience of converting legacy Data Warehouse systems in ODI technologies
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
Connect with employer: