We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Architect to join our team at our downtown office in Kelowna! This is an excellent opportunity for someone that is looking for a permanent full-time career in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
At Interior Health, we offer more than just a wage; we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at approximately 4 weeks (18 days) up to a maximum of 8 weeks (43 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
About the Role:
As the Senior Date Warehouse Architect, you will develop, test, implement and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment which supports report development, decision support system and business intelligence throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards.
Key Duties may include:
• Develops, Implements, and Maintains data models and database designs by following best practices to build complex data warehouses, data marts.
• Develops, Implements, and Maintains data Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes between complex IH wide operational systems and the Data Warehouse.
• Optimize data access and data loading techniques by analyzing queries involved to facilitate timely information to the customers.
• Development, implementation and maintenance of information analytics data structures to support Report Development and Business Intelligence department.
Education, Training & Experience:
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science, and three years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Definition of Recent, Related Experience:
Candidates with three years' experience in the related areas are the most likely to be short-listed for this role:
• Data models and database designs
• Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes
• Information analytics data structures
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. How to Apply
Apply online at: http://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/kelowna/senior-data-warehouse-architect/602/9358782
Posted: November 23, 2018
Closes: January 22, 2019