We're looking for a top-tier Senior Data Scientist to help us extract, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data from various products in the Axiom Zen portfolio. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world's most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together. What we'll accomplish together:
In this role, you will:
- Mentor and ramp up our team of data scientists on a technical level.
- Provide strategic and managerial direction to build and grow our team of data scientists.
- Spearhead and evaluate decision making based on metrics, data, and defined objectives.
- Lead Axiom Zen's data science team to eventually encompass data engineering, interpretation of data, mining project management.
Does this describe you?
- Provide data exploration and analysis to various product teams.
- Identify opportunities for and provide data mining to various product teams.
- Make data insights accessible via data visualizations and interpretations.
- Provide expertise in experiment design, such as split-testing.
- 3+ years experience in a Data Scientist role.
- Solid background and theoretical understanding confidence estimation and statistical hypothesis tests, such as t-test, chi-squared test, etc.
- Proficient with software development in Python, including Numpy and Pandas.
- Experience with integration of analytics into mature product prototypes, including software development, version control systems, and continuous integration.Can process data using different tools and will help pick the best for each context (Tableau, Google Analytics, Meltwater, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, and Jupyter Notebooks.)
- Experience with databases, both relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and non relational databases (e.g. Mongo).
- Strong applied mathematics background.
Posted: November 27, 2018
Closes: January 26, 2019