Voice-driven AI combined with engaging Visual Experiences are an exciting reality. Amazon's Alexa Home Cloud Service and our Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. Our Alexa Home team works on developing cloud services to work with Alexa devices with a screen such as the highly rated Echo Show product line used by millions of customers.
As a Data Engineer on the Alexa Home team within Alexa Devices, you will help drive innovation by developing features that present innovative speech-backed visual experiences on our Echo Show devices and similar screened Alexa devices. Your role will include developing new systems, partnering with other Amazon and third-party services, working on web services and large scale data infrastructure, and more! If being at the forefront of new innovation for Alexa sounds exciting, we would love to talk to you!
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
• Design, implement and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and data science.
• Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools.
• Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable data architecture.
• Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modeling and production support for customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 5+ years industry experience
• 5+ years of experience with demonstrated strength in ETL/ELT, data modeling, data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components and reporting/analytic tools.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
• 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python/Scala/Java etc.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related speciality (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies - Redshift, S3, EC2, etc.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space • Linux/UNIX.
• Experience with AWS • A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and proven methodologies for the full software development process (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to handle ambiguous/undefined problems as and think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Software and Programming