Ballard's Legal Department has an opportunity available for a Senior Corporate/Commercial Lawyer
to join our team.
Reporting to the Director, Legal, the successful candidate's responsibilities will include a wide variety of corporate and commercial transactions and matters including corporate agreements, customer and supply contracts, mergers and acquisitions and special projects.Responsibilities:
- Working with the business and technical teams in negotiating and drafting of contracts and working with outside counsel on a variety of more complex matters.
- This individual will also work with outside counsel on a variety of more complex matters.
- Work with cross-functional in-house teams to proactively identify and address key legal issues.
- Support the general management of legal risk in Ballard's operations.
- Bachelor of Laws/Juris Doctor degree and member in good standing of the Law Society of BC
- 5+ years' post-call relevant work experience obtained in private practice and/or as in-house counsel
- Solid grounding in corporate commercial matters
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and drafting complex and multi-faceted agreements
- Experience with international and cross-border transactions
- In-house legal experience
- Ability to understand general business operations, issues and dynamics beyond the scope of basic legal issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of other departments in order to support their functions as well as to assist them in supporting the Legal team
- Driven and self-motivated with a strong desire for learning
- Extremely organized with a strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team environment
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.