We're looking for a top-tier Senior Controller / Director of Accounting and Tax
to have full ownership of preparation of financial statements and variance analyses. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team (and some very cute dogs) in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right peopleto help us realize that vision. A little about us:
Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio that creates innovative applications for the most exciting emerging technologies
. Our products have already touched 200+ million consumers
and are used by some of the world's leading organizations
, including Microsoft
. Among our recent successes is CryptoKitties
, the world's most successful blockchain game.
We come from all walks, runs, and sprints of life (though we all sprint here), from published authors to five-language-speakers. What we'll accomplish together:
A little about you:
- Full ownership of preparation of financial statements and variance analyses across all companies.
- Partner with CFO in FP&A and forecasting to drive strategy across the organization.
- Reporting responsibilities for all tax filings, including but not limited to income taxes, GST / PST, and VAT in foreign jurisdictions, where applicable.
- Proactive oversight of all tax strategies, federal and provincial tax incentives, and other economic programs for funding / R&D incentives.
- Optimizing reporting and financial / accounting policies to support the overall corporate structure - including transfer pricing, management of third party service providers (including assurance services in preparation for an audit process in 2019 / 2020).
More about Axiom Zen:
- BBA Accounting or equivalent required.
- Completion of CPA required.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting standards, including ASPE, IFRS, and US GAAP.
- Successful growth with a company from $10 million in revenue to over $100 million preferred (from 100 employees to 500+) preferred.
- Strong mentoring and coaching abilities.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and tackle tasks directly.
At Axiom Zen we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019