Job Description Summary
If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, are the go-to planner for projects and events amongst your colleagues, and consider yourself an exceptional communicator, the Senior Conference Associate role is a perfect opportunity!
In this role, you will have the chance to lead and coordinate all aspects of assigned North American conferences for your designated portfolio team. You will utilize your exceptional communication skills in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, vendors, and others to ensure conference deliverables are completed on time and within budget, as well as facilitate consensus amongst these groups. This is a great opportunity to build your repertoire of event planning skills, as well as hone your liaising abilities in dealing with all levels of staff and management.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Establish detailed project plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables
- Execute project plans to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components, on time and within budget
- Diagnose, evaluate, and mitigate potential and actual risks and issues throughout the project, while reporting on these regularly to the Manager, Global Conference Management
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspire others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation and effective communication
- Support the Sales team with vendor show logistics through printing and shipping marketing collateral
- Bachelor's degree with 3-7 years of relevant experience, Master's with 2-4 years of experience, or PhD with 1-3 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of project management fundamentals with experience communicating and influencing within a complex interdisciplinary environment
- Strong computer literacy experience with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management, and database applications
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds.
- This position will require onsite work in Burnaby one day per week
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Sales and Marketing