Join our team
At TELUS, our technology and service innovation create a stronger and more caring world by enabling remarkable human, social and business outcomes. Through our Customers First promise, our team members build relationships with Canadians every day through simple, reliable and helpful experiences, while providing personalized solutions that enrich their lives using the power of technology.
We are seeking a Senior Communications Manager to support social media communications for our executive leaders within the Consumer Communications portfolio - an exciting area of the business responsible for acquiring, retaining and growing our Home Solutions and Mobility Solutions customer bases as well as all aspects of the customer experience journey, the deployment of our TELUS PureFibre network and execution of TELUS' digital strategy. These teams work collaboratively across TELUS, exploring new ways of thinking and challenging the status quo to drive value for our business and deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers.
We are looking for an innovative thinker with a strong understanding of social media strategy and community management. You can navigate and collaborate with a broad network of stakeholders with ease; create compelling and authentic personal brand strategies aligned to our corporate and business unit objectives; and communicate with clarity, simplicity and agility.
Here's the impact you'll have and what we'll accomplish together
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Communications, you will work closely with other members of the Corporate Citizenship & Communications team to support customized brand building for our Chief Customer Officer, Executive Vice-president of Home Solutions and Executive Vice-president of Mobility Solutions, aligned with our corporate narratives. Here's how:
• Social media strategy & execution: Develop and support social media communications for our Consumer executives, including evolving leader profiles across multiple platforms; managing posts, comments and engagement; and aligning with our TELUS social media teams and calendar
• Trusted advisor/partner: elevate the brand and reputation of senior executives aligned to TELUS' corporate narratives, business priorities and each executive's personal thought leadership through diverse channels
• Writing/storytelling: engage in clear, concise and articulate communications, displaying excellent verbal, writing and editing skills and creativity supporting the delivery of strategic narratives and compelling storylines
• Analytics: help establish, monitor and report on KPIs; advise on targeting/campaign objectives; and work with our social media teams and agency partners to identify new opportunities with high ROI
• Training: support executive social media training in collaboration with the TELUS social media team
• Collaboration: demonstrate superior client service and consultative qualities while working closely with key internal and external stakeholders
• Innovation and creativity: drive innovation and efficiency by seeking new ways and channels to promote TELUS' brand narratives and products and services, exploring best practices and challenging communications processes and channels
• Critical thinking: understand, analyze and simplify complex problems and assemble appropriate resources to tailor communications strategies and tactics
• Content creation: produce and publish multimedia content, including written, visual and digital assets for senior leaders.
• Industry acumen: attain comprehensive knowledge of the issues facing the telecommunications and technology sector, understand industry trends and effective communications practices Qualifications: Does this sound like you?
• Excellent understanding of the strategic policies, practices and principles of external communications for a large, national corporation
• Excellent understanding of social media and public relations practices
• Excellent knowledge of social media platforms from both a creative and technical perspective
• Expertise as it relates to content optimization, including optimal video / image formats for each platform
• Strategic vision and business acumen, results-oriented approach, and a marked focus on client satisfaction
• Ability to adapt to a challenging and rapidly-evolving work environment, multi-task, juggle multiple requests, prioritize projects, and meet tight deadlines
• Passion for taking risks and thinking differently
• Thirst to learn and a keen observer of the general business environment, industry trends and current affairs
• Team player that embraces a 'no task too small' attitude
• Strong sense of business ownership and accountability Required professional designation/certification and experience:
• Undergraduate degree in a related discipline is required or extensive related business experience in a senior communications or marketing communications role
• Minimum 4-6 years experience in a marketing, social media, and or a digital role within a fast-paced environment, either agency or client-side
• Excellent writing ability and mastery of English
• Experience working with and advising senior executives
• Experience drafting communications plans, presentations, training materials, toolkits and other documents
• Analytical ability to produce meaningful performance reports and track the effectiveness of communications activities
• Good understanding of task-specific software and tools (e.g. Microsoft Office) Great-to-have
• Experience with Google Workspace
• Experience in graphic design and related platforms (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you're helping us make the future friendly. We're committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability -your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
Sales and Marketing