Requisition ID: 145028
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencer, makers, creators, and industry leaders who will drive us forward. The Role
The role of the Senior Cloud Engineer operates within the Cloud Platform Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for creating platform components and services for the broad enterprise use. Is this role right for you?
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Key accountabilities include design, development and maintenance of cloud platforms, services, and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of public cloud offerings
- Technical ownership/leadership of a component of a larger product.
- Designing, implementing, and refactoring code (typically Go, Python).
- Ensuring software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability, security, and compliance requirements.
- Working with other engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Working with application teams for successful onboarding onto the Platform
- Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- At least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- At least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with development languages (Go, Python)
- At least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with container-based virtualization technologies (Docker)
- At least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the use of CI/CD Tools
- At least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with config management tools and Scripting Languages (Ansible, Bash, Groovy)
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Expertise and understanding of Cloud Native Platforms, particularly Kubernetes, and associated technologies (e.g., Istio, Envoy, Anthos, Kustomize).
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, and/or security considerations
- Focus on scalable, enterprise-level software system design (both on code and infrastructure levels)
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Cloud, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Developer, Technology, Engineering, Finance
Engineering Information Technology