We're Frozen Mountain Software, a global leader in Internet-Based Real-Time Communications (iRTC) solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most
. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!) We were awarded 2018 & 2019 Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers and we were featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours, work-from-home days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high-impact, A-players who are incredibly passionate!
Here's what we rock at; capturing elusive requirements, then documenting difficult specifications, and engineering solid foundations. Oh, and we do this all against the relentless ticking of the project clock. At Frozen Mountain we believe that programming is a craft, an art form. We're looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer
(Lead) who shares this sentiment, who applies ingenuity in their work to get the best solutions. If you are a DevOps specialist who takes pride in your craft, enjoys the Real-Time Communication world, then come work small miracles with us every day!
What you will be doing:
- Work on an enterprise-class Real-Time WebRTC media streaming SaaS Cloud platform
- Create well-designed, documented, and tested software and infrastructure solutions in AWS that meet business requirements
- Design and develop solutions for AWS migrations, containerization, and transformation tools in support of our Real-Time WebRTC media streaming SaaS Cloud platform
- Build and improve Kubernetes autoscaling of stateless services and stateful workloads based on custom metrics
- Troubleshoot and improve high availability and failover of stateless services
- Configure and maintain backups, monitoring, alerting, and failover systems
- Develop tools and IaC necessary for multi-regional deployments of cloud microservices
- Help design and deliver multi-tenant support for our cloud media streaming platform
- Work with Azure DevOps Kubernetes integration to support CI/CD of cloud services
- Serve as a technical mentor to other Cloud Engineers
- Serve as escalation for AWS environment troubleshooting
- Participate in an agile delivery team, helping to ensure the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technologies and architecture and propose ways to use them in current and upcoming projects
We're often asked, what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain. You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE!
(Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence
). Is the FORCE
strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Advanced expertise of common AWS services (EKS, EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, etc.) with comfort in AWS serverless technologies (Lambda, etc.)
- Service architecture and advanced container experience in Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with Terraform and Helm, or CloudFormation
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools (CloudWatch, Prometheus, DataDog, or similar)
- Experience with CI/CD and code management tools (Git, TFS, Jenkins, etc.)
- Some experience with any of C#, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go
- One or more industry-recognized certifications (AWS, Kubernetes, Microsoft, etc)
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and their impact on design considerations (HIPAA, PCI, ITAR, etc)
- Proficient in networking and security
- Experience leading and mentoring engineers
- Experience in WebRTC (Real-Time Communications) programming is a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical applications
- Self-motivated, can work independently, problem-solve like a boss
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and commission - we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company and RRSP matching
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Weekly catered lunches, monthly pub nights, and awesome staff and family events
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 35 employees, and 400 customers in 47 countries worldwide. Through our technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers, for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to be a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.