We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description This remote position will be located in the Greater Vancouver area What You'll Be Doing
This is an exciting time to be joining CIBC's Infrastructure Technology team. This role will be based in Vancouver reporting to a leader in our head-office location in Toronto. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer, Infrastructure Management who brings experience specifically in working with Cloud based applications.
This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions with new challenges and technologies while making an impact. You will provide technical leadership during the design, build, configuration, implementation and maintenance phases of major public and private cloud technologies and automation tooling in a multi-platform environment. You will be challenged to learn and adapt to multiple major public and private cloud technologies for a rapidly evolving product and service landscape including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and network and security related solutions.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. This remote position will be located in the Greater Vancouver area How You'll Succeed
- Leadership & Communication - Collaborate with senior leaders across the company and make informed recommendations to enhance Cloud related solutions. Weigh business needs against technology of offerings, security concerns and provide recommendations which are practical and achievable.
- Governance - Proactively contribute to governance initiatives in the development of company policies, audit requirements etc. Provide technical or business guidance to clients within and outside your own department.
Who You Are
- Engineering - Lead evaluation, selection and implementation of new and emerging products and techniques; support the development of business/technology proposals by estimating implementation costs and evaluating options. Provide automation expertise within core automation DevOPS tool chain and orchestration expertise in SSP, Provisioning and Public cloud.
What CIBC offers
- You can demonstrate experience in - ServiceNow, Ansible and Open Source Software such as Openshift Container Platform (OCP). Experiencewith Azure Firewalls, ExpressRoute & IPSec Tunnels, Virtual WAN, WAF and other network and security components of Azure will be valuable.
- You have strong technical knowledge and subject matter expertise in Microsoft's Azure, Azure ARM Templating, Azure DevOps Pipeline implementation of "infrastructure as code" deliveries, and hardening/policing/templating/delivery of Azure Services will be key to your success.
- You're digitally savvy and proficient with tools such as GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, and Continuous Integration (CI) systems.
- You act like an owner - You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You look beyond the moment - You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- Values matter to you - You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
What you need to know
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit .
British Columbia VIRTUAL Employment Type