Are you a developer who has hands-on experience with building cloud-native applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to and build cloud-ready applications.
AWS is looking for talented, hands-on technical architects and senior developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, -profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands-on application architects and developers who will:
• Work as a technical leader alongside customer business, and infrastructure teams
• Lead technical and discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
• Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services such as: API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
• Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
• Advise on implementing AWS best practices
• Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application expertise
• Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business and other cross-functional teams
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional experience
• 8+ years of large scale software or application engineering with recent coding experience in two or more modern programing languages such as: , , C/C++, , Swift, , , Go, or Ruby
• Public cloud experience
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Computer Science or Engineering background
• Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, product , CTO, or consultant working with various platforms
• Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
• Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Experience architecting highly available that utilize load balancing, horizontal and availability
• Cloud certifications
• Good exposure to Agile software and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
• Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Strong practical application experience on and Windows-based systems
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Sales and Marketing