Do you get excited working on new challenges everyday? Do you like to problem solve, drive solutions and influence what features should be launched for customers? AWS Financial Experience Business Operations team is looking for a talented Business Systems Analyst who can troubleshoot, problem-solve, arrive at solutions for Financial escalations for Global AWS customers. We work with cross-functional teams across the company such as Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Operations, Customer Service, Payments development teams etc. on a daily basis. On this team you are empowered to drive the solution that is right for the customer with the development team and influence the customer-facing features that are created in the larger commerce platform organization. You are expected to assist our team to understand our business metrics using your analytical and troubleshooting skills. Implement process improvement initiatives to reduce operational burden within the team.
This position has several key responsibilities including working with internal stakeholders to investigate and prevent customer dissatisfaction. This position also includes troubleshooting and resolving customer and CS queries, working with internal stakeholders, and use of data warehouse tools. Other projects may include creating or updating existing SOPs and reporting on key metrics.
We are part of the larger AWS Commerce Platform organization that is focused on the most interesting and challenging problems lying at the intersection of cloud computing and e-commerce. These include enabling developers and software companies to easily distribute, and make money from, their cloud-based products; enabling consumers of cloud-based software to evaluate, buy, and 1-click deploy even the most complicated cloud architectures; modeling the new ways that software is sold and consumed in a cloud environment; and interpreting and processing the very high volume stream of events (e.g. trillions per day) that underlies enabling e-commerce for the cloud. We are bringing Amazon.com's 19 years of e-commerce leadership and IP to bear on the cloud computing space, including providing the e-commerce platform on which AWS runs, and delivering the AWS Marketplace that enables third-party developers and software companies to launch cloud-based products. And, along the way, we get to tackle problems on the leading edge of security and fraud detection, distributed computing and bill computation, and low-latency/real-time analysis -- all in an environment whose scale and high-throughput is orders of magnitude beyond most other systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field
• 7+ years of industry experience in data analysis. Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• 3+ years of experience in writing advance SQL queries and manipulating large data sets in a database
• 5+ years of advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc), Amzon Quicksight , Tableau or similar data visualization tool
• 5+ years of Project Management experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced proficiency in SQL, ETL, data modeling, and working with "Big Data"
• Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excited to learn new technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
• Experience partnering with senior leaders to identify and solve business issues
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Women / Minority / Disability/Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.