Senior Business Analyst - Vancouver (Temporary 18 months)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
In 2021, BCLC (British Columbia Lottery Corporation) was named one of British Columbia's Top Employers for the 16th year in a row!
At BCLC, we make it fun to be an adult. We are a full-spectrum gambling entertainment company responsible for conducting, managing and operating lottery, casino, community gaming (bingo) and eGaming in the province of British Columbia. For more than 30 years, we've entertained customers with a chance to dream and have fun, while committing to give back funds to benefit our own communities. We exist to generate win-wins for the greater good and generate more than a billion dollars in annual revenue!
We strive to create outstanding gambling experiences and to have our games evolve with the player's idea of excitement. For us, playing is not all about winning; it's about entertainment. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure that nobody loses and every person we touch comes out ahead.
This role can be performed remotely from Vancouver or Kamloops, British Columbia CanadaJob Summary:
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of cross functional initiatives that may touch the core eGaming, Lottery, Casino business areas, or another functional area within BCLC. They are skilled partners, facilitators and problem solvers who work closely with stakeholders to explore business objectives, uncover changing needs and articulate these to guide innovative solutions. The Senior Business Analyst thrives in ambiguity and is skilled in planning, uncovering gaps and working through detail to bring the right level of information to collaborate through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and into implementation.
An expert analyst who leads with their analytical capability and structured thinking but is also highly adaptable and can step out of the Business Analysis box to actively contribute within other areas of the team to enable successful delivery as needed. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Apply advanced structured analysis approaches to support strategic road mapping, planning, analysis, documentation and execution. Initiatives may be in agile or hybrid agile/waterfall environments
- Lead analysis efforts to understand scope, needs, gaps, processes and solve problems to drive results
- Foster strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to explore and elaborate business needs into actionable insights that guide development of innovative solutions
- Apply expert level facilitation and communication skills to bring together cross-functional teams, guide discussions and gain alignment.
- Customer centric and focussed on continuous improvement in products, processes and operational efficiency
- Work closely with technical stakeholders along the SDLC to ensure alignment and quality of solutions to the overall business goals and drivers
- Contribute to and foster a collaborative team environment with full involvement from its members. Actively contribute to team objectives and identify where to help the team excel through analysis
- Proactive and self-managing team member who works well within and outside of the traditional BA skillset and can flex to support other capabilities as needed.
- Contribute to the Business Analysis Centre of Excellence (BACoE) by introducing best practices and advocate adherence to BACoE processes, tools, templates, and documentation standards.
Education and Experience
- A degree in a related discipline.
- 4-6 years of recent intermediate/senior level business analysis experience with an emphasis on research, business and IT; Must have extensive experience on large scale IT projects within a dedicated Agile business analysis role.
- Certifications preferred: ScrumMaster or Product Owner certification, CBAP, Six Sigma, PMP.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Our Committment to you:
- Advanced skills in eliciting, creating and managing requirements under Agile and Waterfall methodologies. High degree of expertise in capturing use cases, user stories and other supporting artifacts;
- Knowledge of the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) knowledge areas and techniques;
- Advanced skills in planning and leading cross-functional workshops for business/technical requirements or process assessments;
- Expertise in collaborating and managing successful delivery with external IT development partners;
- Expertise in process analysis and documentation, and information modelling;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Intermediate to advanced user of JIRA, Confluence, and Visio
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to self-manage time and risks across potential multiple product team assignments to deliver high quality products;
- Proactive team player focused on results and able to span outside of business analysis boundaries to support overall team objectives;
- Experience and knowledge within Finance Operations and Systems and/or implementation of Enterprise M360 applications would be an asset for this specific recruitment
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
In line with our commitment to communities, we are committed to our people. BCLC is committed to investing in our staff and helping you grow. Our business analysis team values collaboration, flexibility, growth, and openness to learning from each other to develop. We strive to create a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. Additional Information:
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.