We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with retail lending/Loan Origination experience to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Retail Lending/Loan Origination experience
- Software Implementation experience
- Consulting Background
What & Why:
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work work in a client-facing role, delivering excellent customer service to external clients utilizing your consulting experience and skills to implement a state-of-the-art loan origination system.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
- 10 years of relevant experience gained at a financial institution in Canada, including significant exposure to the end-to-end lending process including a familiarity and understanding of the regulatory environment as it relates to lending in Canada. In addition, the successful candidate will have proven consulting skills and the credibility to influence at all levels of a Client’s organization and with any 3rd parties as may be required.
- A knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles and methodologies is desirable, but the emphasis is on the ability to think analytically and conduct effective, thorough reviews of client requirements and the ability to take ownership of steering client requests to final delivery.
- An experienced, professional client approach is required, underpinned by excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be familiar with the challenges of delivering excellent customer service within a financial services & IT context.
- Broad-based IT experience (preferably from a financial services background) is required to support the business analysis activities. General understanding of browser-based applications along with supporting technical infrastructure is an asset.
- Must be comfortable with working on multiple projects or assignments with conflicting deadlines in a team environment.
- Although not a project management role, project management type skills are highly desirable. A clear understanding of how to manage product and project risk, the ability to plan multi-phase implementations and the ability to identify assumptions, dependencies and constraints are key attributes of the role.
- Any experience of implementing Origination Solutions (that is, onboarding new clients or borrowing via in-branch or digital channels) at a financial organization in Canada is a significant asset.
- Undertake business analysis and detailed requirements definition activities relating to client requests for the implementation and/or development, modification or enhancement of origination solutions.
- Where the “standard” solution does not meet a client’s requirements, will work with the client to assess any gaps and define the work needed to meet those gaps. In all cases, effectively manages the client’s expectations in terms of overall solution, timing, cost and implementation.
- May be asked to take on a lead role on a business initiative. May work with poorly described requirements. Able to translate requirements into specific, well-phrased business requirements and/or pragmatic solution.
- Experience in conducting QA testing and in supporting UAT testing. Comfortable with discussions on environments, test approach, test scripts and test execution.
- Comfortable with managing own workload, with minimal supervision, for a multitude of diverse client requests with a focus on efficient throughput and excellent client satisfaction. Comfortable with applying project management experience where needed.
- Holds self-accountable for effort and results regardless of obstacles; takes initiative and thinks ahead of time, analyzing what is needed and takes the necessary actions.
- Produces a variety of documentation to fit a wide range of business needs – this includes, as a minimum, detailed user-facing requirements documents and corresponding statements of work. In addition, may be asked to provide product specific documentation such as implementation checklists, test scenarios and so on. Understands and follows a standard document lifecycle and is comfortable with peer or manager-led review of documentation.
- Accurately maintain records of time spent on all activities and enter details into the timesheet and invoice management system in a timely manner. Comfortable completing a range of administrative tasks required in the business change lifecycle.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Posted: November 28, 2018
Closes: January 27, 2019