Reporting to the director, information technology, the senior business analyst will guide business stakeholders through the discovery, identification and documentation of business outcomes, process design, and business and functional requirements for new systems or functionality using a variety of facilitation and interview techniques.
A service-oriented leader and an expert communicator, the business analyst has a strong bias for detail, team collaboration, and implementing systems that ensure strong user adoption and business outcomes.
We are looking for an efficient, driven, detail-oriented person who strives for quality and improvement. You need to be passionate about building great solutions and connecting the dots between business needs and implementation details.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
- collect and analyze process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased productivity, reduced cost and enhanced customer service
- gather, analyze and document business, functional, reporting and technical requirements using techniques such as interviews, site visits, surveys, document analysis, workshops, and process analysis
- facilitate the chartering of new initiatives by working with business leaders to help them articulate their objectives and desired business outcomes, and to define scope
- develop artifacts such as business requirements documents, functional requirements, technical requirements, process flow diagrams, gap analyses, and use cases to effectively convey requirements
- work with business stakeholders, operations teams, technical subject matter experts, external vendors, and leadership to ensure that the solution provided aligns with the business requirements and business objectives
- perform process and gap analysis to ensure compatibility and interoperability of processes and systems
- manage relationships with stakeholders to achieve project goals, and provide continued best practice support to leaders to ensure successful adaptation of the initiative
- lead the user acceptance testing and facilitate the feedback to internal/external development teams as part of the iterative solution development process
- coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support
- provide orientation and inputs into process and system training material
- perform continued evaluations of end-user adoption, and work with end-users to identify opportunities for business process improvements
- communicate regularly with users, development team and management on project goals, priorities and requirements
- perform such other duties, functions and responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and experience include:
- bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration, or completion of a post-secondary diploma in computer science
- minimum 6-8 years of related work experience (systems analyst, business analyst, design, application development and/or technical support) with proven ability to lead a business team through a process and systems change
- demonstrated experience in eliciting requirements for at least one core operations process such as order to invoice, procure to pay, product lifecycle management, material resource planning, or manufacturing.
Required skills, knowledge and competencies include:
- a natural leader, who fosters a friendly, team-oriented workplace where employees work safely and productively together
- an expert communicator with strength in collaboration and relationship building
- maintains a healthy, open and trusting workplace, with integrity and accountability
- a passion for service excellence and business enablement, with proven ability to deliver on work products that provide measureable business benefit
- a detailed understanding of how business works, and continually develops business acumen through learning and training
- proven skills in the development of business requirements, functional requirements, technical requirements, process flows, gap analyses, and use cases (formal methodology training in these areas is an asset)
- proven experience with business process redesign, including development of as-is and to-be states
- good knowledge of change management, project management and process improvement principles
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.